Search results

1. Treeman

New Kitchen Sink/Drain Height Challenge

My son is installing a deeper single drain sink and is requesting ideas for proper connection. See the attached picture. Thank you all for assistance.
  2. Treeman

Puckorius Scaling Index????

Can anyone help me understand how the Puckorius Scaling Index works? I manage evaporative cooling pads in greenhouses and am looking for solutions to reduce iron and hard water scale build up. Well water: pH 7.8, hardness 28 grains, iron 1.3ppm. Years ago I consulted Munters Company...
  3. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  4. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  5. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  6. Treeman

Please Delete Error

Please delete error
  7. Treeman

Please Delete Error

Please Delete
  8. Treeman

How much flush water in regeneration cycle

About how much water will go down the drain for a 1.5 cubic foot softener during the regeneration cycle? My workplace installed a first ever softener in our shop and I question if the dubious floor drain can handle the flush water. Thank you.
  9. Treeman

A Good Plumber Improvises

10. Treeman

Gravel Softener Bed Unnecessary??

This newish 2022 article claims that gravel beds in residential water softeners is not necessary. https://www.aquatell.ca/blogs/aquatell/how-much-gravel-do-you-need-for-your-water-softener-rebed .....the article doesn't show any data. Just their opinion? Comments from the pros?? Thank you.
  11. Treeman

Autotrol 368 valve opinions

I sized and installed a water softener a few years ago with an excellent Clack valve based on superb information gleaned here. My first ever water softener had an Autotrol valve with clock type meter that was VERY reliable for the 18 years I had it. I know that Clack and Fleck get the most...
  12. Treeman

Are Honeywell Controllers Still Problematic?

The title says it all. They seem to have a bad reputation. Is it real or internet amplification? Thanks!
  13. Treeman

Fernco's and sump pump drains?

It seems that Fernco style couplings are common on PVC sump pump drain lines, both on the Fernco brand check valve and/or as a coupling to take the system apart. Since they are only rated to 4.3 lbs. of pressure, how are they allowed on a sump pump system? If the drain line clogged...
  14. Treeman

Water Powered Sump Pump Questions

I've been studying battery backup sump pumps vs. water powered ones recently. My rural public water supply comes directly from a well system without treatment. Hardness is about 26ppm plus about 1ppm iron. The toilet fixtures in my shop building (no treatment system) get scaled up a bit...
  15. Treeman

Zoeller 508 vs. PHCC 2400 Backup Opinions?

Anyone care to give opinions to aid my decision? Thank you. I've narrowed my choice to either Zoeller 508 or PHCC2400 ($100 more). The Zoeller has their U.S. made pump. Their 10 amp controller/charger looks to be substantial and a pretty good monitor of conditions. It uses a mechanical...
  16. Treeman

Zoeller 508 vs. PHCC2400 Backup Sump

Moved to plumbing forum.
  17. Treeman

Backup Sump-Separate Discharge?

What are the pros and cons of piping my new Wayne ESP25 battery backup through a separate discharge line (Wayne's preferred) vs. tied into the primary sump pump discharge line (most other brands)?? Here are common installation alternatives: THANK YOU!!!!!
  18. Treeman

Would Anyone Want My mid-60's Toilet, LOL?

Before I destroy my old circa 1965 Kohler (I think) toilet, is there any chance someone might want it? For any reason: "Rare part" to replace on another similar model? A display model in some museum type setting? It would look perfect in the Henry Ford Texaco station, LOL. It's hard to...
  19. Treeman

Another ? 11.25" rough-in, 10 or 12" Drake?

Toto CST744SL elongated. Title says it all. 11 and 1/4 inch from cast iron flange C/L to dry wall. Old building has 3/4 inch thick base board. About 10 3/8+ inch from flange C/L to base board. Can I squeeze the 12 inch C/L Toto Drake in... I will have to remove a small length of the...
  20. Treeman

Help, please asap. Toto Drake Flapper vs. Tower Valve???

I just brought a Toto Drake CST744SL 1.6gal. for my workplace shop. The parts diagram shows 2 flush valve styles available, the traditional flapper and a tower: https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/PD-00246_CST744SL.pdf Being old school, I asked for the flapper valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks