Search results

1. Treeman

Slope in the backyard of a house on a hill

You can Google "minimum landscape grades" to learn that paved areas are 1% and turf areas are 2%. 2% is 2 feet in 100 feet - that is the minimum to make sure water flows in the intended direction. Immediately around the building the drainage slope should be more. Could you develop a swale...
  2. Treeman

New Kitchen Sink/Drain Height Challenge

Thank you for reminding me of that. This picture from more directly in front shows that we need to address both the height and side distance change. For others that might wander into this thread with similar challenges, I DID find many other threads covering this topic (should have searched...
  3. Treeman

Thank you. Can you show a picture of the disposer direct connect WYE please? To me, the wall drain seems exceptionally high. A shorter sink drain strainer would yield an extra inch or two. I did find this thread from Terry (RIP, dearly missed) that shows the reverse P-Trap...
  4. Treeman

My son is installing a deeper single drain sink and is requesting ideas for proper connection. See the attached picture. Thank you all for assistance.
  5. Treeman

Puckorius Scaling Index????

Oh my. My sincerest apologies. How did multiple posts occur?? I kept getting error messages. Moderators, please delete duplicate posts.
  6. Treeman

Puckorius Scaling Index????

Can anyone help me understand how the Puckorius Scaling Index works? I manage evaporative cooling pads in greenhouses and am looking for solutions to reduce iron and hard water scale build up. Well water: pH 7.8, hardness 28 grains, iron 1.3ppm. Years ago I consulted Munters Company...
  7. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  8. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  9. Treeman

Delete

Delete
  10. Treeman

Please Delete Error

Please delete error
  11. Treeman

Please Delete Error

Please Delete
  12. Treeman

How can I get a water softener system with Clack valve and Enpress Vortech tank when local companies sell under their own brand?

I have access through my workplace to buy materials from local jobber stores that sell to the pro trades people. That's why I suggested you find a plumber that uses that brand. Ferguson sells to the public, but their prices seem high to me and their brand offerings may not meet your needs.
  13. Treeman

How much flush water in regeneration cycle

About how much water will go down the drain for a 1.5 cubic foot softener during the regeneration cycle? My workplace installed a first ever softener in our shop and I question if the dubious floor drain can handle the flush water. Thank you.
  14. Treeman

How can I get a water softener system with Clack valve and Enpress Vortech tank when local companies sell under their own brand?

Don't know if this interests you. Builders Plumbing & Heating (Ann Arbor) carry Charger brand softeners (Illinois based with multiple distributors). Charger has models available with all three major brand valves (Auto-Trol, Clack, Fleck). They have "plain" tank models and turbulator models...
  15. Treeman

A Good Plumber Improvises

16. Treeman

Clarity on efficiency needed

My memory is hazy about this. I think you may have the "dumbed down" version of the clack ws 1 valve and/or it is set up for easier diy installation. I can't find past discussions about this and whether you can over ride the valve to get deeper into the programming. Other Clack WS 1...
  17. Treeman

Resin and sizing question.

West of you, near Lansing, my iron content is just under 1ppm and rust stains will show up daily with no treatment. Consider yourself lucky to have relatively low hardness and no iron. Can't help with the resin question, but I spent 20 minutes reading threads under a search of "fine mesh...
  18. Treeman

Gravel Softener Bed Unnecessary??

This newish 2022 article claims that gravel beds in residential water softeners is not necessary. https://www.aquatell.ca/blogs/aquatell/how-much-gravel-do-you-need-for-your-water-softener-rebed .....the article doesn't show any data. Just their opinion? Comments from the pros?? Thank you.
  19. Treeman

Good Water Softener Seller?

Depending how close of friend he is and type of plumber, I recommend you tiptoe carefully broaching this subject with him. In my older years, I have learned to respect the trades people and I try very hard not to take advantage of them. Imagine how it might be that "friends" come out of the...
  20. Treeman

Good Water Softener Seller?

By "jobber" I mean the wholesale suppliers that are only available to the professional trades people. Not retail softener businesses. Maybe Gorman or WinSupply??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks