Search results

1. C

Old softener maintenance?

Oh, it was road salt, alright... there were 4 or 5 empty bags of the stuff jammed in behind the brine tank, along with empty bags of softener salt... looks like the guy recycled the bags for garbage. Yellow bag, "Windsor Premium Ice Melt Salt." Now, if only I could find my well... but that...
  2. C

What's funny? The Culligan part, or the price? I suspect a bit of both... not that there's anything wrong with Culligan, I just found this local franchise to be a bit aggressive on the sales side, and quite expensive. I cleaned the salt tank, here's what I found - 2 to 3 inches of sand and...
  3. C

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I appreciate a rebuildable, user friendly system. The brine tank and the resin tank look like brand new, so if I have to do a rebuild, I can probably reuse those pieces. Looks like my first step is to clean out the brine tank. Bridging is a distinct...
  4. C

I have a question regarding what maintenance I should be doing on an older water softener. I just purchased the home last spring. The previous owner installed the softener in 1986, and has done nothing to it but add salt for all these years. I have the initial water test done by the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks