Search results

1. RayMan

Pressure Tanks Full of Sand

Thank You for the link to Lakos Sand Filtration. The well guy only does installations but commented the first tank was full of sand, the second tank was about half full, the third was waterlogged and tanks 4 & 5 were about a quarter full of sand. These were 44 gallon Amtrol tanks and every tanks...
  2. RayMan

Pressure Tanks Full of Sand

Five pressure tanks were replaced on a shared well and I was informed by the well technician who did the work "there was a lot of sand in the old tanks". The control box was also replaced. I know the pump is next but my question now is: Should the 5 homes on the shared well be checking their...
  3. RayMan

Submersible pump not running until "kick started"

When you click the pressure switch points On and Off it eventually works but you hear a humming sound during the time when it doesn't work. Is there a run capicator in the control box that is not working? Check all the componets in the control box with a multi meter, one that can check the mFd...
  4. RayMan

Pump works then doesn't.

Could the tube have gotten some debris inside it that is making the switch pressure flucuate causing the false starts?
  5. RayMan

Submersible pump not running until "kick started"

Based upon what you said, replace the pressure switch. You could try filing the contact points so they all (8) make a better connection but this would be a temporary fix. If your pump continues to short cycle like it is you will be replacing the pump and the control box too.
  6. RayMan

Pump works then doesn't.

You may have a Pressure Switch that has a Low Pressure cut-out safty feature built into it. If your pressure switch is a Square D the model number ends with M4 if the switch has a low pressure cut-out built into it. If the switch has a low pressure cut-out you need to hold the switch lever in...
  7. RayMan

Bladder Pressure in Pressure Tank Way To Low

What has been affected when the psi of the bladder in the pressure tank is 10 psi lower then it should be? The pump cuts in at 42 psi and cuts out at 60 psi. The bladder has 30 psi in it. What will this do? The gauge has been checked against another and it is reading correctly. Thank You for...
  8. RayMan

Pressurized water tank, pressure gauge problem

Is the shower demanding such a large amount of water that the pump can't get the pressure tank up to 70 psi when someone is in the shower? Does the pump cut out when the gauge is stuck at 60 psi or does the pump continue to run in order to keep up with the demand from the shower? You may need a...
  9. RayMan

Deep Well Jet Pump Whimping Out

Could your pump be pumping all the available water in your well's aquifer down to a point where it's dry? and the well's aquifer needs time to recover to fill with water again.You may need to install a small storage tank to keep up with your demand. When you reduced the pressure on the control...
  10. RayMan

new well pump and other stuff

Its the Pressure Tank that forces the water through out your home. The submersible pump fills the pressure tank when the tanks psi goes down to 30 psi,l when the tank reaches 50 psi the pump turns off. The Control switch is a 30/50 psi. You cannot pressurize water like you can air. Its the...
  11. RayMan

new well pump and other stuff

The phone will go to voice mail if the phone battery is dead, turned off, wet or even destroyed. When the service is turned off there would be no more voice mail. It might be possible to locate the phone using the GPS locater which is built into the phone it has a battery back up and most...
  12. RayMan

Square D Control Switch with Automatic Low Pressure Cut Off

Square D offers a pressure control switch that can include an automatic pump cut off in the event the pressure drops 10 psi below the cut in pressure. Will the cut off option provide reasonable protection for the pump against dry well pumping conditions? Is 10 psi below the normal cut in...
  13. RayMan

Setting The Bladder PSI on 5 Pressure Tanks

Thank You Travis. I think the range on the control switch has been adjusted upward. By lowering the pressure in the other 4 tanks would this result in being able to store more water in those 4 pressure tanks?
  14. RayMan

Setting The Bladder PSI on 5 Pressure Tanks

Hello :) We have 5 eighty six gallon Pressure Tanks connected in parallel with a Square D 30/50 psi control switch. Should all 5 tank bladders be set at 28 psi. Would it be better to set the psi on the the first or last tank in the chain at a different psi level? Currently each tank has the...
  15. RayMan

Wayne pumps. Good-Bad? What do you recommend for Submersible Deep Well

You may want to consider the new Constant Pressure Submersible Pump as an option. I know the Franklin Electric models have the features of their PumpTec Pump Saver built right into the system. To learn more about the Franklin pump go to this link: http://www.constantpressure.com/ If I recall you...
  16. RayMan

Deep Well submersible Pumps runs continuously.

Do you think you still have a leak or blockage somewhere and thats what burnt the pump up or was it a defective pump the whole time? Sounds like you are in or close to the Appalachian Mountains where the freeze line would be 18-24 inches, be sure to pack the soil real well when you cover your...
  17. RayMan

Sorry, On the pressure control switch I meant to say set to high which will make the pump continue to run. Here is a site that gives you a lot of info on the pressure control switch you might want to check out http://www.inspectapedia.com/water/WaterPumpAdjust.htm
  18. RayMan

Is there a leak in the drop pipe which will not allow you to build pressure? I don't know the casing size but since its only 30 feet you might be able to see it with a good light unless its a crack only running down the side of the of the drop pipe. If not , is there a slow leak in the bladder...
  19. RayMan

Can you open a line before going into your pressure tank and run the pump for 5 minutes or so to make sure its pumping a good flow of water and eliminate the pump as the problem?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks