Search results

1. 6t7gto

Winterizing a house ( in WI ) while gone in winter

Make sure any outside hoses connected to spigots are disconnected. Friend has a similar situation as you. Garden hose was used to water plants while he was gone. Person assigned this task did not shut off spigot. Hose burst and water ran for 5 days. Resulting in a $3000.00 water/sewer bill for...
  2. 6t7gto

Suggestions to tighten kitchen faucet

Remove the sink and tighten the faucet. Reinstall the sink.
  3. 6t7gto

Water flow sensor

Update: I installed an IFM magnetic sensor. Set it for minimum flow and within 10 minutes determined one of the front stores had a leaking flapper. The chain was too long and would get caught under the flapper. Sensor works great. Thx for the replies. David P.S. This is the sensor I...
  4. 6t7gto

Water flow sensor

So I understand, as a toilet flapper leaks and the tank refills the switch I linked above will not detect that? Thx david
  5. 6t7gto

Water flow sensor

Thx for the replies. I'm leaning toward installing this... http://www.supplyhouse.com/Mcdonnell-Miller-120611-FS251-General-purpose-flow-switch-w-NEMA-1-enclosure Then wiring it to a warning light that I could view on my camera. Thoughts?
  6. 6t7gto

Water flow sensor

I own a self-serve car wash with 3 commercial stores attached to the building. My water meter is in my equipment room and feeds all my car wash pumps. The water line then splits off and feeds the 3 stores. I pay the water/sewer charges for the stores. Last month's water bill was 95.00. This...
  7. 6t7gto

How much PTFE tape should I use?

Don't lock this thread. I'm learning a lot about geography and politics.
  8. 6t7gto

Rheem water heater pilot light goes out.

Disregard. Found out part is under warranty. Plumber coming this afternoon.
  9. 6t7gto

Rheem water heater pilot light goes out.

Rheem, model 22v40F1, 3 years old. Pilot would not stay lit so I picked up the Rheem thermocouple kit, installed it and pilot lit fine and the main burner. Next morning pilot was out and I relit it. Today pilot was out, I lit it and main burner came on. I was in the basement for maybe 20 minutes...
  10. 6t7gto

Water main break

Checked the unit yesterday, after a good flush on Friday, and it seems fine. Thanks for the replies. david
  11. 6t7gto

Water main break

I removed the aerator and the foam is not as bad. Aerator is clean. I shut the heater off and ran the water to flush the tank. Heater is back on and I will check it Monday when the store is open. Will an ohmmeter tell me if the element is bad? I figure since it didn't trip the breaker the...
  12. 6t7gto

Water main break

Had the main break in front of my 3 store strip center Monday. Water was off for maybe 8 hrs. One store has a point of use 5 gallon electric water heater. Now the hot water comes out foamy. Like it has soap in it. Run it in your hand, pull your hand away and the foamy water quickly clears up in...
  13. 6t7gto

Tip for removing scratches/discoloration from toilet bowl

I used Comet cleanser when I did that to mine.
  14. 6t7gto

Replacing pull out faucet flex. hose help

When I needed parts for my Moen, I took a pic of it and emailed it to Moen.
  15. 6t7gto

Possible vent issue on a kitchen island with kitchen sink in it

https://terrylove.com/images/island_sink_bert_polk.jpg Are you sure it is not plumbed this way?
  16. 6t7gto

Mystery Hot Water Leak???

Shut off the supply to your water heater. Wait a few moments and turn it back on. If you hear water running into the tank, good guess that your hot water line has sprung a leak.
  17. 6t7gto

Lower kitchen drain to line up for new p-trap

I'm guessing the plaid covering is a shelf in the adjacent cabinet.
  18. 6t7gto

Water savings

Sewer rate is $58.15 per mcf per quarter. Fixed fee of $21.00 per quarter for the meter. Based on the example... 2mcf times $58.15 = $116.30 for sewer plus $21.00 = 137.30. Our suburb does not get charged the $51.31 local charges shown on the bill. So back that out. Where am I at now, with...
  19. 6t7gto

what can I do?

Try this site... http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/index.php
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks