Search results

1. DougDoingRemodel

Fiberglass shower pan...install using no nails?

Hello all! I'm remodeling my bathroom and purchased a new 60x30 shower pan from Mustee. It's white fiberglass, and I'm quite pleased with the quality of the unit for the price. One thing that has me troubled while looking at the instructions, is that there is no mention at all of securing the...
  2. DougDoingRemodel

Pedestal sinks. Standard mount dimensions?

Hello all. Well, I'm just starting a remodel on my bathroom and am yanking everything out of it. My plan was to re-use my pedestal sink. Unfortunately the base slipped away from me and shattered so now I need a new sink. From the few markings that I've found on it I believe it's a Kohler...
  3. DougDoingRemodel

Very low salt usage. Is it working correctly?

About 5 weeks ago I purchased, installed, and programmed a water softener by myself. I got it from an online retailer. It's a 24k unit, Fleck 5600SXT valve, SST-60 resin, and I put Morton "rust remover" salt in the brine tank. I have it programmed to remove 9gpg of hardness and 5mg/l of iron...
  4. DougDoingRemodel

Water softener drain connect to kitchen sink?

I currently have a Portable Exchange service for my water softener. I'm tired of the monthly bill and the monthly visit to replace the tank, so I'm looking at replacing it with a more conventional water softener. The nearest and best place to drain the new softener is my kitchen sink. It's...
  5. DougDoingRemodel

Anyone used Moen ioDigital?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum - this is where everyone says to go for plumbing information, so here I am. I'm a plumbing newbie that is wanting to do some projects around my house, including installing a water softener and doing a remodel of a shower. For now I'm just going to read, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks