Search results

1. torontoplumbingguy

Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Now, THAT is a 100% correct and appropriate review in a nutshell. We are working up the energy to replace our other two toilets in the house with the same. They are awesome.
  2. torontoplumbingguy

I am flabbergasted by your Ultramax experience considering the other reviews it has received and our own experience with it. It is utterly amazing here. Never do we find ANYTHING left over after a low volume flush. If you hold the handle down for a second you will get more water flowing for...
  3. torontoplumbingguy

Well, we've had the Ultramax top of the line in for several weeks now and WOWEE! are they incredible. Two more toilets in the house and they are both going to be replaced by either the Ultramax or the Drake (Ultramax is a known performer here now). We have not had anything even remotely...
  4. torontoplumbingguy

Wastewater from upstairs neighbor in kitchen sink!

Call your local plumbing supply emporium, a plumber or your building manager! In my part of town the septic drains and the main drains are seperate so we don't wind up with e=coli infections that kill people. Sounds to me like this is an issue for mighty mouse... or at least a good plumber...
  5. torontoplumbingguy

Slow Drain 2 Vanity sinks

With all due respect, we have had slow drains in the bathroom sinks and in the shower stalls on occasion and presume the cause is soap buildup and hair buildup; went to the local plumbing emporium (NOT HOME DEPOT) and they gave us a bottle of industrial strength drain cleaner designed for hair...
  6. torontoplumbingguy

Is It OK to Flush Cleaning Pads?

That AS Champion 4 that flushes stuffed animals? Well, they only get so far down the line before they get stuck and need the roto router treatment. I can understand why a plumber only flushes toilet paper and now so do we. Just remember that the entire septic line down to the lake is not...
  7. torontoplumbingguy

Hi Terry: Yes, agreed. The new pots are about $60 each; no biggie. However, as a matter of principle, anyone remember the Firenza automobile that used to burst into flames? In law, there is something called manufacturer warranty, there may be pertinent statutarory warranty and in common law...
  8. torontoplumbingguy

Porcelain on steel lavs by American Standard

Have had our TOTO Ultramax installed for a week now and I am impressed to say the least. It has taken our best and sent it to places unknown without so much as a victory lap. Flush. Gone. My early impression is that I would not purchase anything else but a TOTO product henceforth. Period. I...
  9. torontoplumbingguy

Have had our TOTO Ultramax installed for a week now and I am impressed to say the least. It has taken our best and sent it to places unknown without so much as a victory lap. Flush. Gone. My early impression is that I would not purchase anything else but a TOTO product henceforth. Period. I...
  10. torontoplumbingguy

Agreed.... but I just had to know before testing it with the REAL McCoy. I consider its performance under the circumstances a pass and we are renting a boat to head out into Lake Ontario later this afternoon to look for that wad of Kleenex hoping it made it downtown. Should have looked up...
  11. torontoplumbingguy

Picked up my TOTO MS604114CEF Ultramax after reading user reports and reviews on this and other web sites and watching the videos on YOUTUBE. Just in the nick of time as I had already picked up a Koehler Class 5 Cimarron at the Home Depot as the salesman told me it was their "best". Pardon the...
  12. torontoplumbingguy

One piece v two piece toilet

Stay away from Koehler. Read up on the latest American Standards. Buy a TOTO.
  13. torontoplumbingguy

round vs. elongated

I can't explain it, but as a guy a round bowl gives me a feeling of confidence and machismo. Having said that, I am off to buy an elongated bowl at the wife's instructions.
  14. torontoplumbingguy

Eco Drake versus Ultramax?

My GP just retrofitted his home with Drakes and is totally amazed. I just went to a trusted plumbing distributor around the corner and he says they are both good but that the Ultramax II is his best selling toilet and he has NEVER had a complaint or heard from any plumber of issues with it. On...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks