Search results

1. Bpetey

Washer stand pipe requirements

I know the trap should be 6-8 inches from the floor and the stand pipe should be between 18 and 30 inches. I'm helping my sister remodel her laundry room and the drain appears to be installed incorrectly. The trap is too high and the stand pipe is too short all with 1 1/2" abs. It was working...
  2. Bpetey

Replace toilet flange

pvc is actually solvent welded, I don't think acetone will do anything for you. There are special cutters that most plumbers use that I don't think a one time use would justify the cost for a DIYer.
  3. Bpetey

Please help, attempting to install new bathroom sink drain

A/S = American Standard. you can find cheap vanity with sink at the box stores but you get what you pay for. The drop in option is probably the easiest.
  4. Bpetey

Fixing bathtub drain leak

PVC and ABS are both solvent welded, they just use different solvents for each.
  5. Bpetey

Copper nipple coming out of wall just a hair short

why not just sweat a 1 inch piece to extend the pipe coming out of the wall?
  6. Bpetey

Dishwasher not draining properly

An air gap would be a good thing to have inline between the hose and tail piece.
  7. Bpetey

New toilet problems

The flange should sit on top of the finished floor. If it is even or below you may need an extra thick wax rin or possibly 2 wax rings stacked.
  8. Bpetey

Copper pipe grounding/bonding - how to?

I would install a ground rod and run a ground wire from it to my pipes.
  9. Bpetey

Touchless faucet install

Thank Jimbo, that will do exactly what I want.
  10. Bpetey

Touchless faucet install

I'm helping my brother in law install a touchless faucet. The directions say to use a T w/backflow preventers to hook up the hot and cold into the unit.I have not been able to find such part even at my local plumbing store. Is it really necessary to have backflow preventers with the T? If so...
  11. Bpetey

Under Sink Leaky Pipe!

a picture and/or more info will be helpfull. What kind of pipe, steel, abs, pvc, cast iron? glued or threaded or nothing as you say it has no security.
  12. Bpetey

On the class action lawsuit front ( plumbing related) Clorox, Lowes

Here is a good read on the requirements. Your local code may vary from this one but it's a good starting place. http://www.hcpdc.com/pdf/Dryer%20Vent%20Requirements.pdf . There are tons of videos on U-tube showing how flammable the flexi duct is including the shiny metal looking ones.
  13. Bpetey

Cast Iron Pipe Seperation Under Slab - Advice Appreciated

I'm not an expert by any means but to me it looks like the original pipe is on the right side of the pic and I assume the black on the left is an open cavity where the water flushed out the dirt. Basically when the pipe broke it went down and to the left. Personally I like option #2, I don't...
  14. Bpetey

Professional opinions on this plumbing job, please.

You need to install nail plates before closing the wall up
  15. Bpetey

Whole house water conditioner?

Does a typical softener actually add sodium to the water? If so I could never taste it.
  16. Bpetey

quarter turn angle valve1/2 sweat

The compression is easier to install and replace (you'll need a sleeve puller). Most plumbers have one and it's a fast and easy job for them. Performance is the same for both so it's just a matter of ease of installation and removal.The solder has a potential to start a fire and or ruin your...
  17. Bpetey

Cleaning the water heater drain pan line

I think he/she is talking about the drain valve on the water heater.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks