Search results

1. Twinpeaksr

Adapt 1 1/4" Polyethelyne Pipe to 1" ProPEX

Do you have a website that is good to find these fittings? Thanks.
  2. Twinpeaksr

Bradford White or Richmond Water Heater?

Thanks for the info, I did a heat calculation (took me a bit as I am not a Mechanical Engineer) and found that I need over 120kbtu to heat the house effectivly which means neither will work. So I think I will use the BW 75gal for the water needs, I think it may be a little overkill though...
  3. Twinpeaksr

Thanks for the info, I noticed that as well, the BTU was the same. I have space for either so that is not an issue, the Bradford is actually cheaper, but I need to order it (however shipping is free). Does this seem to be enough capacity for both the radiant floor heating and the plumbing...
  4. Twinpeaksr

I am building a new house, 2.5Bath with whirlpool tub in master. I have expansion for a full bath in the basement, and will be adding Radiant Floor Heating as well (Basement, Shop, Garage, total of about 3200sqft for floor heating). I have read on different brands of heaters, and am down to...
  5. Twinpeaksr

Adapt 1 1/4" Polyethelyne Pipe to 1" ProPEX

I have a 1 1/4" Poly Waterline coming to the house and need to adapt it to a 1" ProPEX or 1" Cu (doesn't mater which), any ideas on what fittings would be best to do this? Thanks!
  6. Twinpeaksr

New Construction - DIY looking for Input

Absolutely...Would rather not have to learn from the mistake at that point though!
  7. Twinpeaksr

Correct, the basement is unfinished, I want to make sure what I am putting in Concrete is correct before it is, well in concrete. I will get the isometric up later, having issues getting the size low enough and still getting it uploaded. I want to make sure that the sizes, fittings, and...
  8. Twinpeaksr

I will be building a new home shortly (starting this afternoon) and thought I would get input on the basement DWV layout. I do need an ejector pump which is on the layout, everything will be either 4" or 2" pipe. The basement is plumbed for a laundry, a future full bath, and a utility sink...
  9. Twinpeaksr

New House, Shared Well, Iron and H2S

As I read through this thread (and others as well) it illustrates the fundamental issue when asking many people for their input on a problem: there is more than one right answer. Akpsdvan stated it, we use what we have found to work through experience, and like a safety net we stick with what...
  10. Twinpeaksr

That is what I needed to know, thanks again!
  11. Twinpeaksr

Thanks for all the input. Not looking to debate Bleach injection here, looks like that has been done. Just want so pros/cons of Iron Filter vs Chlorinator. Looking at what I have seen, it seems the Chlorinator gives the added bonus of taking care of Bacteria, the Well I have has no bacteria...
  12. Twinpeaksr

Thanks for the great conversation today, you definitely know your stuff! As I digest what I have learned, I had one open question: What are the benefits of the chlorinator/carbon filter over a media based iron filter or an aerator? Always looking to learn something new. thanks again! ~R~
  13. Twinpeaksr

Fixture units

On the DWV side, is there a down side to oversizing the vent or drain? I can't think of any but thought I would put it out there. Thanks!
  14. Twinpeaksr

DWV Sizing

Thanks for the clarification, sounds like 4" is the way to go. Sorry for my confusion. Thanks!
  15. Twinpeaksr

DWV Sizing

Perhaps I read something wrong, but thought you must have at least 1 1/4" clearance from the edge of the stud to the edge of the pipe, if that is not true, then 4" becomes easy to install. If you have any links to locations that will tell me how to properly size the drain (3", 4" or other)...
  16. Twinpeaksr

Thanks for the update, good to get clarification. If the Greensand uses KMnO4 I think that one is out, I have worked with that before, with the right second ingreediant it can make a good size bang, also can combust pretty easily. I think I need more information on the Carbon Filter, soulds...
  17. Twinpeaksr

DWV Sizing

I believe the main drain stack needs to be 3" minimum, would it be wise to use 4" instead? Biggest issue I have found with 4" is that I cannot fit it in a 2x6 wall. This will be a new house construction, so if I need to I can build a bigger wall, but if my gain is minimal, I would bother...
  18. Twinpeaksr

Sounds like I have 3 possible solutions: Solution G: - Chlorinator (H2S and Fe) - Carbon Filter (Cl) - Softener (Hardness) Solution B: - Iron Media Filter (H2S and Fe) - Softener (Hardness) Solution A: - Manganese Greensand Filter (H2S and Fe) - Softener (Hardness) Any...
  19. Twinpeaksr

The Flow rate to the first treatment piece (from the pump) is estimated to be 20GPM by the well company based on me using a 1" pipe. Not sure my flow rate needs for the house (I know that depends on fixtures and many other things), but it will be a 4 bedroom 2.5bath with a whirlpool tub in one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks