Search results

1. jkon

Whistling Noise When Turning Off Cold Water

Replaced the pressure reducing valve. Yep that did the trick. Thanks all!
  2. jkon

My expansion tank is only two years old. It was replaced when I had my new boiler installed two years ago. I did tap on it however. It's empty.
  3. jkon

Yesterday I hooked a hose bib water pressure gauge up to my outside faucet which is located right after the pressure reducing valve. At first the pressure read 50 psi. I left the gauge in place for 10 minutes and came back to find the pressure had jumped to 120 psi. I would think my valve is...
  4. jkon

Thank you for your reply. The sound starts after I turn off the water. And yes there is a pressure reducing valve in the system.
  5. jkon

I live in a ranch house that I purchased newly built 28 years ago. The house has oil forced hot water heat. When I turn off the cold water at both my kitchen sink or bathroom sink, I hear a whistling sound that lasts about two seconds. Sounds like a whistling noise that a bomb makes when...
  6. jkon

New Boiler?

My house was built in 1990. It is very well insulated. My boiler is located in unfinished basement. After 25 years I have got my $$ worth. Our present system is oil fired hot water with a tankless. Since it's just my wife and I living in our house, we are going to stay with a tankless system...
  7. jkon

New Boiler?

8. jkon

New Boiler?

Thanks all for your help. After my boiler guy replaced my expansion tank he said I should probably start thinking about replacing my boiler. I have a Weil McLain tankless hot water boiler and it is 25 years old. I asked him why and he said that rust starts to kill them. He also said worse case...
  9. jkon

Bleeding air out of boiler system

Yepper....It was a bad expansion tank. It was full of water. My boiler guy put a new one in and system runs good now.
  10. jkon

Yes I am talking about the auto fill but isn't that sort of a regulator because aren't they normally set to automatically only allow around 12-15 psi into the system? Yes my water leak was coming from the in-line tightening nut on the auto-fill. It leaked (dripped) for a good two weeks before I...
  11. jkon

Thanks Dana. All my PRVs are 30psi. The reason I thought to bleed the system was that I heard some gurgling and knocking in my forced hot water baseboard heating when I first turned on the heat for the season. It went on for about a week until I had some time to bleed the system last evening...
  12. jkon

Thanks...yes figured it out last evening. I am all set or am I? I always seem to have to bleed the system at the start of the heating system because of too much air in the system. Not sure if that pressure regulator valve is always working to allow water into the system automatically. My boiler...
  13. jkon

I have a Weil-McClain boiler single zone. The water system needs to bled because it's making noises now that I turned on the heat. My boiler man showed me how to do it once but I forget some things. Should power to my burner be on or off while bleeding. And...once I connect my hose and open the...
  14. jkon

External Hot Water Tank

Indirect Storage Tank Maybe I didn't explain myself well because you are getting away form the point. I'm really just wanting to know the different systems i may use in heating my domestic hot water and the way in which those options work. i.e.....indirect heating storage tank, booster tank...
  15. jkon

External Hot Water Tank

I have a Weil-McLain oil fired boiler that is 14 years old. Was never in love with the manner in which it produced our home hot water, with that internal coil method. Never seemed to be enough HOT water. Was thinking of having some sort of hot water tank installed but am not sure what system is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks