Search results

1. Dorothy

Crimping ground wires in an outlet box

Thanks! "Licensed electrical contractor" caught my eye. Thanks for your input; it means a lot coming from a professional. It's a miracle I passed my rough-electrical inspection, and will be another if I pass the final! Haha. I just keep on keepin' on. Thanks again, Dorothy...
  2. Dorothy

Makes sense. It does sound like simplicity wins again. Space IS a problem in standard sized boxes. I used some deep boxes and some double boxes with single faceplate to accommodate more wires. I may use crimps in some and caps on others, depending on space. Thanks for your answer! Dorothy
  3. Dorothy

Help! Help! Just kidding. Thanks for your answer though. I bought some caps and will give that a try. It sounds better than twisting and crimping and cutting--something I can't UN-do if it's off a little. If you wanna see why I said HELP in jest, but it WOULD be nice to have some help...
  4. Dorothy

A merit? Pls. forgive my ignorance, but what's a merit? (The plot thickens. )I DO appreciate your detailed answer to my previous question. Thanks, Dorothy
  5. Dorothy

I just passed my rough-electrical inspection on the house I'm building but the inspector made me promise to crimp together the ground wires in each electrical outlet box (where there are 2 or more ground wires). It was the only thing I didn't know I was supposed to do before he came out. I...
  6. Dorothy

Captive air tank

I have a new-looking 90-gallon captive air tank that I used for only a month way back in 1982. It has been stored since then (filled with water) , but now I'd like to put it back into service. New ones are EXPENSIVE! Any chance it's still good? How would I test it before hooking it up to my new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks