Search results

1. slantsixdan

How to Drill Thru Stainless »and« Granite?

I need to drill a 1-3/8" hole through the deck of a stainless kitchen sink top-mounted on a granite countertop. I understand how to drill thru the deck of a stainless sink, and how to drill thru a granite countertop. But I need to do both at the same time, and I think that'll make problems. If I...
  2. slantsixdan

Old American-Standard Leaks Despite New Flush Valve Disc

Subject pretty much says it all. The old flush valve disc was spongy and degraded (black slime all over my hands just for touching it) so I removed the flush controller assembly, inspected the seat (plastic—smooth, unbroken, unchipped), snapped a new rubber disc onto the flush controller...
  3. slantsixdan

Toto Guineveres Just Don't Work, Replace With Drake?

Arrrgh! In 2010 I replaced two Crane Drexel toilets from 1950, original equipment in my house, with two Toto Guineveres. The installation craftsmanship was top-notch (thanks, Terry & Co!) but the damn things just don't get the job done, by design. Bowl cleaning isn't just inadequate, it's...
  4. slantsixdan

Replace 1949 grey Crane toilet with...what?

Howdy, all. Can anyone point me at a good replacement for an original Crane toilet that's been in place since the house was built in '49-'50? It has begun to leak; I've turned off its supply valve but it has got to be long past due for replacement; its flush action is rather sluggish (sixty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks