Search results

1. mcnauge

Sump Pump Basin

Its a submersible Pump with vertical float, so i want to get it as vertical as i can so it never gets stuck and i am going to be installing a battery backup sump that all needs to be somewhat level. Correct me if im wrong, but the amount of water the pump moves would be the same after the...
  2. mcnauge

Sump Pump Basin

I am using a Sump Pump. Thats why i am trying to get the bottom of the basin to be nice and flat instead of having the sump pump sitting wierd. I think the ground water is pushing up on the bottom, so thats why i wonder if drilling some holes will help, it would also remove more water that...
  3. mcnauge

Sump Pump Basin

After reading a number of different posts... I have read that people drill a number of small holes at the base of the sump basin to allow water to enter and not "fill up" around the basin before it pours in through the weeping tile hole. Is this common practice? that would probably solve...
  4. mcnauge

Sump Pump Basin

Thanks for the reponse, but the one currently installed is a pre-fab basin. Looks like a standard one seen in most stores...So installing a new one would probably bring the same problem with it.
  5. mcnauge

Sump Pump Basin

Hello all, I noticed the other day that the bottom of the sump basin had "bubbled up" and it looked like an air pocket under the base. I tried to push it back down into place and water would come into the pit through one of the holes (side question, the water comes out of the hole around the...
  6. mcnauge

Cold Air Return....

The supply duct for the 2 rooms in question are 5" round duct once they come off of the trunk line. I am going to be taping all the connections, but before i do that I think a couple of them need to be moved as 1 of the duct lines is seems very long and take a wierd route. I do have dampners on...
  7. mcnauge

Humidifier Bypass

Work Completed Hey, Well i have got the humidifier fully installed and it works great, only took about 5 hours to bring the whole house humidity up to the requested range. I installed the Flow through humidifier onto the narrow side of the return plenum and the flexible bypass line to...
  8. mcnauge

Cold Air Return....

Hello all, Here is my problem. I have a 2 story house and half of it (yes the in-sun side) get warm very quickly and stays warm and the 2 rooms on the other side are always much cooler (the doors on those rooms are usually closed). So i checked out all the ducts and traced how they got...
  9. mcnauge

Humidifier Bypass

Perfect, thanks for the quick help. Just curious, is the reason it has to be above the coil (if it was a heat pump) is just because of the heat needs to pass throught the humidifier? Since mine is a gas furnace the AC coil is just used in the summer and its only important that the bypass...
  10. mcnauge

Humidifier Bypass

Its an all natural gas furance, the only add-on is the Air conditioning A-coil (its just for ac no heat pump)
  11. mcnauge

Humidifier Bypass

It is a natural gas furance (about 5 years old). So does that matter is the bypass is above or below the A-coil?
  12. mcnauge

Humidifier Bypass

Hello, Im in the process of installing a new humidifier, however, due to the way the furnace was installed the Furnace output duct has the A-coil mounted about 14" above the furnace top and this leaves very little room above the A-coil and the ceiling. 1) Can I mount the bypass duct below...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks