Search results

1. red22769

Sizing Furnace B-Vent

agstaff , When multiple applicances are venting in a common stack, the common HAS to be larger than the vent connections of the appliances for proper draft. I sell commercial HVAC equipment for a living, and do sell quite a bit of B-Vent, and Pressure stack. I rep the Metal-Fab product line...
  2. red22769

Basement Bathroom Project

Great to know...thanks for the info dlarrivee! the construction will be getting underway tonight!
  3. red22769

BUMP... Is leaving the vent pipe open in the garage attic ok until I get the roof done this spring? Would like to move forward with the project, but would sleep better with comfirmation from the experts! thanks to all who have entered feedback so far!
  4. red22769

My home is a 2 story with a vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom on the 2nd level directly above where this bathroom would be located in the basement, so no attic access... I can however open up the wall in a closet in the laundry room on the 1st floor adjacent to where the bathroom would...
  5. red22769

Thanks hj & john for your feedback! Based on what I have read in these forums for the past few weeks, I didn't feel too comfortable with this guys plan. I called him to ask a few questions about the vent plan, and how he would connect to the existing line up stairs, and he said he wouldn't...
  6. red22769

After realizing that to be sure my plumbing is done properly in the bathroom I am adding in my basement, I had a highly recommended plumber come over and look over my proposed layout I drew up, and give me a quote and describe to me how he would run the vent pipe to ensure proper venting and...
  7. red22769

Floor drain in laundry room

I tiled the floor in my laundry room today, and while doing so cut a hole in the floor for a 2" floor drain in case the washing machine drain backs up. This is not a common occurance, but it has happened 3 times in the past 3 years, and it will ruin the new ceiling I am putting in when I...
  8. red22769

Venting bathroom addition in basement question

Thanks for all the info guys! It looks like I will be going back to the drawing board! Any of you experts out there in the Clarkston Michigan Area? If so please contact me! ;)
  9. red22769

I didn't think it sounded right... How about this option I came up with last night as I lay awake trying to figure this out: There is an existing 2" drain taps into the main stack, and that runs horizontally along the basement ceiling over to the garage for a sink drain. What if I...
  10. red22769

I was talking to a local plumber explaining my new bathroom in my basement plans, and I am leary of his answers he gave me about venting it properly. Need some clarification on his explaination, and if it is feasable. 1st off I have broken out the concrete in the basement to expose the main...
  11. red22769

Adding bathroom in basement - Venting question

Washing machine drain aside, what is the prognosis on the new bathroom? washing machine drain vent will be tackled later. Can I run the vent line across the basement withon the floor joists of the 1st floor, and stub it out through the bond with a goose neck so I don't have to go up through...
  12. red22769

HJ, I know they installed the washing machine drain improperly...I plan to change this when I get started on the bathroom project because it has backed up and flooded the laundry room a few times already. When this happens it in turn floods the basement too! I need to rectify this before I...
  13. red22769

ok, this may be long and drawn out, but I have nowhere else to turn but the pros in these forums! I've been reading the forums here for about 3 weeks searching for answers, but feel the need to post my situation to hopefully get a solution. I have a home that is 13 years old, and I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks