Search results

1. Jvstevens

Looking for Faucet Supply Tubes for old A.S. Stop Valve

Just to be clear, its the American Standard stop valve that has the unique thread, not the American Standard faucets. As far as i know, the American Standard faucets have always used the standard 1/2" IPS threads. I've only seen this particular stop valve used in one building that has remained...
  2. Jvstevens

Didn't have any luck finding it online, but found a local hole-in-the-wall plumbing shop that I never knew existed that had them in stock. Here's a picture of the main label and of the American Standard unique nut at the end of the supply tube. The A.S. nut does not fit 1/2" IPS or 1/2"...
  3. Jvstevens

A few years ago, I was replacing a kitchen faucet, and I decided to replace the hot and cold supply tubes. However, none of the standard sizes (3/8" comp, 7/16" comp, 1/2" comp, 1/2" FIP) available at my local hardware store would thread onto the stop valve (which was original to the building...
  4. Jvstevens

Repairing a cracked ABS drain fitting with sealant?

I'm dealing with a 1.5"ABS fitting in a crawl space for a bath sink drain that has a small crack in it that is allowing a bit of water to leak out. Under normal circumstances, I would cut out the offending fitting and rebuild it all with new fittings, but its in a tricky spot with multiple...
  5. Jvstevens

Check Valve in Kitchen Sink Drain Pipe?

(I originally posted this in the Drain Cleaning forum, but I think now it is a more appropriate question for this forum) I encountered a pretty slow kitchen sink drain today, so I decided to remove the trap for cleaning, and to gain better access to snaking the drain downstream, if needed. The...
  6. Jvstevens

Check Valve in Kitchen Sink Drain Pipe

I encountered a pretty slow kitchen sink drain today, so I decided to remove the trap for cleaning, and to gain better access to snaking the drain downstream, if needed. The drain pipe (1.5" ABS) went through the right side wall of the sink cabinet and into an unused volume of the adjacent...
  7. Jvstevens

Washing Machine Shut-Off Valves are stuck ON

In case anyone is interested, I've attached a picture of the shut off valves for the washer. I gave both valves all the oomph my little spaghetti arms would give and they both loosened up. The cold was a little more stuck than the hot, but after some twisting back and forth for a bit, it...
  8. Jvstevens

Someone ought to invent a washing machine that will automatically shut off an electrically controlled H & C valve at the end of the wash.
  9. Jvstevens

Thanks, I feel much better about giving it a go. Will post the results afterwards.
  10. Jvstevens

I remember my mom turning off the WM valves as a kid (I'm 55 now), but I swear I don't think I've come across anyone since who does this (except maybe before going on a long trip). Including me!
  11. Jvstevens

I'm pretty sure they are PP. Is there any danger of something going wrong, and if so, what? Also, why would PP be OK to turn, but not for other brands? Just curious.
  12. Jvstevens

Hmmmm...hadn't thought of that. I'll check it out and see if that could work. Thanks for the idea!
  13. Jvstevens

It would be kind of a big deal to replace the valves. The valve bodies are covered behind drywall with the base of the escutcheon flush with the drywall. So its a lots of plumbing and drywall repair to do. Not really worth the effort IMHO, if there's a simpler answer. The hoses are actually...
  14. Jvstevens

Both the hot and cold shut-off valves to the washing machine won't turn off. Not too surprising as they haven't been touched for many years now. It would be nice to have them easily operable in the event of a washing machine hose failure, machine replacement, etc. Not sure what model these...
  15. Jvstevens

Need help identifying this Pegasus Kitchen Faucet

This faucet has a leak in the pullout hose, so I need a replacement hose. It seems to be a discontinued model, and I've not been able to find this model anywhere, despite spending a lot of time on google image searches, etc. I called Pegasus's customer service number (not easy to find) for...
  16. Jvstevens

Is this Grohe leaky tub spout diverter repairable??

Thanks for the advice. This morning I had a chance to take apart the valve and check for obstructions. There didn't seem to be anything obvious blocking the port to the tub spout (I snaked it out with a "zip it" drain tool though both ends), and I double checked this particular valve (Grohsafe...
  17. Jvstevens

OK, it seems things have gotten more "interesting". The problem is that when in "shower mode" (diverter knob pushed down), everything is fine...lots of water comes out of the shower head, and little to none from the tub spout. However, when in "tub mode" (diverter knob up, which is the default...
  18. Jvstevens

I think I finally found the part I need from the Grohe website. I was having trouble earlier trying to find their shower valves, but I finally found a very similar spout (not the exact one, maybe mine is discontinued??). I strongly suspect they have the same diverter mechanism. Its a Grohe 48...
  19. Jvstevens

I know that generally its necessary to replace a tub spout when the diverter has stopped doing its job (that is, water coming out of both the spout and showerhead at the same time). I don't mind so much for a generic, cheapo spout, but this one is a fairly pricey one by Grohe. Can this be...
  20. Jvstevens

Two leaks in Hardie Irrigation Valves

Thought I would post an update. After I removed the bonnet from the leaky valve by unscrewing the six screws, and cut about 1/2" of the PVC pipe at the valve outlet I was able to unthread the valve from its inlet male adapter. There was just *barely* any clearance to the adjacent valve...and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks