Search results

1. rspainhower

Pressure valve stuck open

I have a shut off valve that is my sprinkler line pressure release. (see pics) It is the insides are stuck in the open position. I can turn the knob to open and close but it will still allow water to pass through. If it is in the closed position the water pressure is not as high as if it is...
  2. rspainhower

Toilet seat bolts too high

I installed a toilet in my basement the other day and the toilet bolts are sitting up high and the plastic caps don't fit on. Are there deeper caps or do I cut the bolts some how? and if so what do I cut them with?
  3. rspainhower

nasty

My wifes Grandmother has some issues in her only bathroom in a 1960's home. Sometimes the toilet water will come up into the bathroom and kitchen sinks(the kitchen sink is on the other side of the wall from the toilet.). What could cause this? The plumbing and fixtures are all original.
  4. rspainhower

shower drain

2 questions, 1. That should I use to clean the ABS pipe with before I solvent weld the drain to it? 2. The nockout that was on top of the riser pipe for the shower drain fell down into the trap. How do I get it out?
  5. rspainhower

Shut Off Valve leaking

I installed some plumbing lines yesterday. All of the joints are good however I am getting a drip from all of the Valves I installed. The joint I sweated is not leaking but it is coming from a washer on the valve.(see picture). I Tightened all of them and one stopped leaking but the other 2...
  6. rspainhower

PVC to ABS

I have black ABS DWV. I went to Lowes and bought PVC Closet flange and PVC 3 piece shower drain. The employee sold me the purple primer and multi-purpose cement. He said to apply the purple primer to the PVC pieces only and cement to both. Is this correct and will it be a sound install or...
  7. rspainhower

rough basement plumbing

I have been reading many posts in this forum and seeing that you must have a P-trap in your shower drain pipe. Is this code? I have a basement bathroom and am starting to finish and everything is roughed in, if this is so important then why would a plumber not put it in when the rough plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks