Search results

1. P

Happy I bought a 100 year old house...(venting question)

My limited understanding is that wet vent means there's waste running some distance until it meets up with a junction that is connected to a pipe that eventually runs to the roof. Code says how far it can run etc. etc. for the diameter of the pipe. This bathroom (tub & toilet) has no vent...
  2. P

No sink. The bathroom has a toilet and a tub. I'll take out the tub at some point and make it a normal half bath. This is all to make sure I have a working toilet and tub while I replace the cracked cast iron main stack that's handling waste from the upstairs and is the vent for the house...
  3. P

With further investigation it's not wet vented I don't think. I believe it's more along the lines of "not vented" Toilet on top of cast iron (no closet bend) going into sewer pipe under slab. Bathtub drain connected to the cast iron pipe about 12" under the toilet. Nothing else. :(...
  4. P

Finally starting on plumbing and have a question on toilet venting. The existing toilet and tub in a main floor bath are both wet vented. The toilet sits right on top of a 4" cast soil pipe and the tub from a black iron pipe to an ABS 90' (no ptrap) then a run of about 3'. (which rises about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks