Search results

1. mehlhorn

Need to Move Tub/Shower 1" - Dont see anyway around it

Hey everyone, wont the tapcon screws protrude from the tile backer and interfere with the tiling? Mike
  2. mehlhorn

Acrylic Tub - Wooden Base

I forgot to ask if it is recommended that I screw it into the floor throught the wooden base. I am worried it the tub shifts it will ruin the tile.
  3. mehlhorn

Acrylic Tub - Wooden Base

Hello All, I pulled out a galvanized tub and am replacing it with a new acrylic tub with a wooden base. The old tub was basically sitting in place with a few washers holding it to the vertical studs (behind the old shower kit). Does the new tub just sit there also? I notice that this tub...
  4. mehlhorn

Bathtub Drain Kit Issue

having issues with the photos.
  5. mehlhorn

Bathtub Drain Kit Issue

thanks - I will grab the new kit assembly as well as the assembly removed to show the similarities. Unfortunately I am not at the site, but I do have the pieces with me for photos. I will post asap.
  6. mehlhorn

Bathtub Drain Kit Issue

Thank you for the reply. Does this schedule 40 solvent p-trap thread onto the existing ABS pipe? Or do I have to cut it and glue the sch. 40 to it? Also, I had mentioned that the pipes were PVC, I now know that it is not PVC but ABS, does that make any difference?
  7. mehlhorn

Bathtub Drain Kit Issue

Hello All, I have been working on a bathroom reno on my spare time since November. Now that I have the new shower plumbing ready to go, I moved on to the tub drain but something just isnt right. When I removed the tub i noticed that the drain kit (black PVC?) was extremely loose. I was...
  8. mehlhorn

Tapcon Thanks Hackney Plumbing. Are tapcon screws stong enough? I thought they were for medium duty applications and would have thought that the weight of a concrete board with the mud and tiles would be heavy duty? What would you recommend for spacing between the tapcon screws, and what...
  9. mehlhorn

Hello All. I am glad to see a forum that supports DIYers out there, and hope that I can receive some guidance from the members. I am in the middle of a bathroom reno and am ready to install the new tub. I have replaced a tub before, but had no issues as both were standard sizes. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks