Search results

1. KQ2N

Methane again!

Hi All, I still haven't resolved my methane problem with the new drilled well, I've put a lot of thought into the problem and I'm finding out that most plumbers/plumbing supply outlets look the other way when a question regarding methane removal is asked. As a recap, I have methane, and...
  2. KQ2N

Methane in new well

Bob, I had seen the website you suggested. Even though I'm sure it works, the system it and you describe seems quite involved. Can I assume most people just live with the methane? Otherwise I would think more "user friendly" systems would be available on the market. I would think both...
  3. KQ2N

Methane in new well

Hi All, I have a new drilled well I just finished hooking up for my residential service. The well is in shale and contains sulfur. I hooked up my chlorination system I used on my old dug well and that took care of the sulfur - not a tinge of smell. BUT, I noticed small air bubbles which...
  4. KQ2N

Another pressure tank question

I have a new drilled well. Due to logistical reasons, the supply pipe was fed into the opposite side of the cellar from where the old pump/softener, and chlorinator (not so sure I need that now, but time will tell) is located. I have the option of moving the pressure tank to where the pipe...
  5. KQ2N

Banging water pipe

Hi All, Back in the summer I wrote on this forum about the ills of my two dug wells. At this point, the driller is here and down to 115 feet and so far 3 1/2 gal/min. My question, due to where the well is drilled and the placement of my septic leach field/tank etc... it is more practical...
  6. KQ2N

two check valves?

I understand your thinking regarding dowsers Bob, but as I said, when one is looking for a ray of hope to find water, I'll go on whatever I can grasp. May it be an aquafir or not, since the one neighbor just up the road did find water at 250 ft, if my "aquafir" doesn't pan out at a shallower...
  7. KQ2N

two check valves?

Well, at this point I don't know how deep the water will be found (hopefully there will be some found) so don't know any more specifics on the motor size etc... needed. As far as the dowsers, I'm not certain either on their validity, but I had two different guys come up at different times...
  8. KQ2N

two check valves?

Yes, you're right about a leaky pipe sucking air but not leaking water. I've learned a lot in the month or so I've been having problems. Worst thing is, I've had multiple problems which made troubleshooting difficult. I started out with a bad bladder on one of my tanks. From there I find out...
  9. KQ2N

two check valves?

There is air in the suction pipe of the one well but it being 200 ft from the house and pump, I'm not about to attempt to find it at this point. It is usable though and I'm living with the air coming out of the fixtures. I can't rely on that well solely though as with the dry summer we've had...
  10. KQ2N

two check valves?

The two pieces of clear pipe are vynyl but are only a few inches in length and I don't believe are causing the problem. I just put them in to confirm what's going on in the lines (seeing air bubbles, flowback etc...) I'm still a little puzzled though how I can open up the valves to the both...
  11. KQ2N

two check valves?

Hi Bob, The whole issue here is that I did not want to get involved in changing the footvalves on either pipedrop, that can be costly. I just want to be able to use both wells and limp along here until I get my drilled well in a few weeks. You also say to tee the two wells together? Not...
  12. KQ2N

two check valves?

To make a long story short, I have two wells, we'll call them well #1 and well #2, both dug and both have problems. I have had a 2 pump system but since pump #1 on well #1 went bad, I now have both wells on remaining pump #2 with a gate valve in each line to select which well I want to use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks