Search results

1. dtherrien

Fujitsu mini split outside unit gets to hot

Yes...I did the install. So in saying that, I am a licensed general contractor. In hindsite i should have had my hvac person come out and complete the install. But i am familiar with mini splits. The compressor fan was not running at the time i noticed everything stopped working. It still had...
  2. dtherrien

Fujitsu mini split outside unit gets to hot

Its been a while since ive been on here. Im in the process of installing two Fujitsu 18k minis. Single zone. One is in place and set up. It will not cool. I did notice today when trying to trouble shoot that the inside of the outside compressor unit seems like it gets very hot. And took a very...
  3. dtherrien

Which Tankless To Install

I will have to do some more research on the mini-split systems....seems more complicated than i anticipated. I live a couple of towns away from Charleton so might contact Meacham. I will also ask two other plumbing/heating subs that i use. One thing about my house is....there is no type of...
  4. dtherrien

Dana...Where can i find more info on the mini-splits that you are talking about? Yes i am in central Ma. and electric and propane are high. I am paying about $4.50 gallon for propane....company says i am not using enough to get the heat rate. I am thinking about getting my own tank and get...
  5. dtherrien

zl700...yes both models are condensing units. I dont think i would be drawing more than the 4.5-5 gpm. I am going to replace the gas line with 3/4" from the tank into the house. I have a 250 gallon tank (@ 80% full) a regulator at the tank and one at the house. With the current models available...
  6. dtherrien

Propane or electric are my only options. I am not set up for fuel oil. I was also thinking about a hybrid electric tank water heater...but not sure how much it will save me in the long run. In the summer with the a/c and the pool filter running, my electric for 3-4 months are up. I dont think my...
  7. dtherrien

I am just about ready to replace my 20 year old State 40gal hot water heater. I have decided on one of the two: Rannia Rc 80HPI or the Navien NPE 210A...both would be LP gas. My house is set up for propane. In the last 10-11 years i install a Rannai room heater in the downstairs (Finished...
  8. dtherrien

Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ?

Most lumber yards and supply places are switching to the light weight sheetrock. I believe most of the problems are from big box supply places....I would recommend you buy from a lumber yard or a supply store that specializes in sheetrock. I know both lowes and home depot have had problems with...
  9. dtherrien

Contractor Flashed Windows improperly: How bad is this?

Wambat.....That doesnt even look like the tyvek flashing too me.What i have always used is white. Tyvek flashing the sill material is different than the side and top material. Sill material goes on first...before installing the window. It is stretchy...It is applies to the inside sill then...
  10. dtherrien

How to construct my subfloor for ceramic tile

Hi DIY SG, I would use 3/4"t&g plywood. Screw it down. I like to use decking screws. The 1/4" hardi backer board will work if you install it in thin set. Use good quality thin set...Like Mapei or Latacrete..and not from a big box store. Again, you need to put some screws in the cement board to...
  11. dtherrien

Direct Vent vs Power vent

Yes...I wasnt totally sure about the blower...my Rannai hot air heaters are direct vent and use a blower for the exhaust gas.
  12. dtherrien

Thats what i wasnt sure of.....if a direct vent had a blower for the exhaust side. It must flow out naturally because of the hot exhaust? Has there ever been any known problems with a direct vent? In 31 years of construction we have never had a direct vent WH installed on any job. The direct...
  13. dtherrien

I currently have a State 510E propane fired Hw heater. The date on S it is 1991 and i purchased the house in 1996. Within the past couple of years i noticed soot around the burner area and the flame seems to have more yellow tips than it should. I have maintained the WH regularly....three times...
  14. dtherrien

waterproofing before tile

I'll put my methods.....most of which are traditional....against any. If done right, you dont need all this new crap that they have out there today. i have never had a call back from a tile job.
  15. dtherrien

waterproofing before tile

rrekih.....install the 1/2" water proof hardi backer board on top of the plywood. I would cement it down with karabond mixed with karalastic with a few screws so it doesnt move. Install your tiles with the same cement of karabond/karalastic......grout with epoxy grout.......make sure you use a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks