Search results

1. M

Did I get ripped off with new water heater?

$600 for a new W/H? Are you insane? Who can make money on that? Are you a charity? Materials alone are close to that much on a new w/h install. It's odd to me that so many plumbers are so eager to tell homeowners how they got ripped off. Then some of you go on to say you wish you could charge...
  2. M

Cross Connection

there is no recirc on the system. Everything is pretty old, so unless they hid the pump out of sight then there isn't one Thanks for the help. I have a feeling this may be a tough one to nail. :confused:
  3. M

Cross Connection

I let the wash basin faucet get nice and warm (on the cold side :( ) and then turned the WH valve off. Pretty much instantly the water turned to normal temp. That screams cross connection, no? thanks for the responses.
  4. M

Cross Connection

forgot to mention: No plumbing work has been done for 2-3 years. Problem has developed over the last ~2 months
  5. M

Cross Connection

How do you trace a cross connection? Do you do it purely by trial and error? I've attached an image of the general layout of the house, hopefully you can help me solve this faster than I would otherswise. The faucet on the basin sink gets piping hot on the cold side and hot side fairly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks