Search results

1. rrue

"old work" washing machine outlet box?

It's done. Didn't take any pictures but I ended up going with plan A. The ears are plastic and about 1/8" thick so I ground a knife edge on the ends, wiggled a putty knife between the stud and the drywall to open it up a little, and was able to slip the ears in from the back. Pushed the box...
  2. rrue

The box I bought first is the kind with the plastic snap in ears, but the plastic is a little thick to slide between the drywall and the stud. I could pry out the gypsum a little but worry about cracking it. Maybe if I ground an edge on the end of the ear, too. The ears are much longer than...
  3. rrue

Hello All, I'm installing a washer hookup into the unfinished back side of an existing wall (bare studs on the back, painted drywall on the front). All the boxes I see at the Big Box Store(and online) are set up to go on to the front of bare studs, before the drywall. I guess I could try to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks