Search results

1. Challenged in Chicago

Adding shower to powder room?

Btw.... If anybody is extraordinarily bored and want to see part of the reason I have been so negligent, visit the John Bridge tile forum & read the lengthy "helpless in chicago - a bathroom saga" thread. Bit of perspective - not to mention three kids, husband, work, blah, blah, blah!:eek:
  2. Challenged in Chicago

Ok, kind people, I must apologize for neglecting the thread and not properly acknowledging your input: thank you. It has been somewhat crazy around here, and I always remember to take pictures for posting at around 2a when I cannot sleep but am too tired to go downstairs to actually take the...
  3. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Yay! Using your helpful advice and a bit of experimenting, determined that 4 of the seals were pretty much shot. Replaced them with new ones, reassembled everything, good to go. Thanks so much. My husband (and budget) thank you, as well. So much cheaper than a new unit or a service call...
  4. Challenged in Chicago

New toilet....loose tank

Hi. Just installed a new toilet in my boys' bathroom. Followed all directions. Seems to be fine, but the tank is not "tight". It wobbles quite a bit. Rechecked my work - not sure where or what I did wrong. Suggestions?
  5. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

You make it sound so easy....which means that, of course, it is not! Need to figure out (based on your helpful descriptions) whether or not there is a seal leak or... I will let you know. Thanks again for taking the time; I appreciate it.
  6. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

If there is a seal leak, how difficult is that to repair? Thank you!
  7. Challenged in Chicago

Thanks, hj. I will get a pic up in the next day or so. Here is a very stupid question, I am sure, but hopefully it will bring some humor to one or two of you: How do I know if the builder put in a vent for a shower, even though the previous owners did not choose the option to add a shower...
  8. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I would say that the backwash is definitely louder, but even when it gets a bit more quiet, the water is still flowing to the drain. Again, I really appreciate your help! :)
  9. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Really stupid question, I'm sure, but what does "pich of water" mean? Thanks for your help and patience! :)
  10. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Warned you that I have issues.... Thanks so much. Can't tell by the attachment if it is the same set-up that I have, but I am including pics, if it helps...
  11. Challenged in Chicago

Thanks for all of the replies! Love that forum! Just finished my boys' bathroom. The only thing I did not change was the tub. Let's just say, though, that the cost of the room remodel without needing to pay for any plumbing work was high enough that I would not be doing a kerdi shower build...
  12. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Latest update: I set the clock, ensured the recharge time was in the middle of the night, stopped the bypass mode, and the water is now running through. How long should that take? Wondering at what point it is determined that the water draining is beyond a normal recharge time, and the motor...
  13. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Thanks for the tip! I removed the two screws, and no plastic piece fell out. I didn't even know that the front cover came off! There are multiple settings to use. The softener has been off/bypassed for at least 3 months now due to the continuous water dumping. Could my settings need to be...
  14. Challenged in Chicago

My house was built in 2001, and one option the builder offered was to add a shower to the powder room (the dimensions for the standard powder room are quite generous and allowed for the shower - whether the option was chosen or not). The previous owners did not choose this option. I do have...
  15. Challenged in Chicago

I have issues!

Figured the title would cover so many areas! I have a Culligan Mark 89 - model 3526. I "inherited" it with my house, which I purchased in 2007. A while ago, the water from the softener would continuously run. I turned it off and called a plumber. Plumber said water is only borderline...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks