Search results

1. L

Sump pump air lock question

I have a submersible sump pump and a battery backup. I drilled a 1/8 in hole in my discharge pipe about 2 in up from the pump casing, but below the check valve, a $25.00 brass spring loaded check valve. I did this because everyone says you need to do that to prevent air lock. When I run the...
  2. L

Check Valve Problem - I think?

I installed a high quality check valve near the base of my sump pump - its not one of those flapper check valves. It worked perfectly. Really quite, no backflow at all. Then, I installed a battery backup pump and I used the same style check valve near the base of that pump. Now, when the...
  3. L

How to modify sump pump switch

can you snip off the float bubble and connect it to a mechanical switch?
  4. L

How to modify sump pump switch

I have a sump pump that switches with a tether cord. Can I modify that switch so that it runs with a float. The tether is getting hung up. Can I do this? How? Thanks.
  5. L

Opinions - HydroCheck HiLo Switch

Hydrochek Thanks for the feedback. I bought one of these but I'm so uneasy about the reliability that I think will return it before I even try it. I am having a similar problem to what you describe - My sump fills quite quickly and I want a system that will allow me the maximum range when...
  6. L

Opinions - HydroCheck HiLo Switch

Just wondering how your electronic switch worked for you. I was thinking of getting one. What is your opinion now that you've used it?
  7. L

Radonseal sump pumps

Oops - Slodog. Sorry.
  8. L

Radonseal sump pumps

dh-1400 Slogdog: I saw your post when looking for information about Radonseal pumps. I was thinking about getting one of these pumps and was wondering if you ever got feedback on them, or if possibly, you bought one. Did you have luck finding any other exterior pumps? That is exactly what...
  9. L

Serious sump pump issues - help!!!

Many Thanks Thank you so much for all of your help with this issue. Porky - I will call your friend. I would prefer to find the source of this problem - I think it is the only thing that will give me a good night's sleep. In the meantime, I have to take some security measures. I want to...
  10. L

OK did a little research online - how would a backup generator system work. I can't keep in the basement. Where do I put it. Seems like generac is the most popular. What model would I need to run a sump pump - It isn't much of a load. Thanks.
  11. L

Automatic backup pump??? Thank you for the suggestions. I've been trying to figure out where the water is coming from for quite some time. Its quite strange because niether of my neighbors have this problem so it is somewhat peculiar to this piece of property. I'm not familiar with a...
  12. L

I have a serious water problem. My crock is continiously filling up and it doesn't stop until July/August. When it rains - major water. Spring thaw - major water. I have one pedestal pump that runs all the time. I have another pedestal pump in the crock with the float set a bit higher...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks