Search results

1. pit monster

PEX Homerun manifold - use 1/2" or 3/8"?

I will be re-plumbing our new old 1923 home with pex. I have studied some of the installation materials and have decided to use a manifold system. I know it will cost me a few more bucks in pipe and materials but I like the idea of a more professional looking job (done of course by a total...
  2. pit monster

New boiler, moisture/soot mix running in basement

My heating contractor looked at things and concluded the following: It is definitely a condensation issue. Flue size opening is appropriate - the contractor and I got up on the roof and viewed it from the top - it meets the 8"x8" minimum and may be a bit larger. The boiler is operating...
  3. pit monster

Electric water heater on a timer?

Does anyone have an opinion on putting a timer onto an electric hot water heater (brand new A O Smith - 50 gallons)? I'm thinking it may be a help in our situation with a 2nd home which my wife is at Monday evening through Friday morning. She is normally not there during weekends and really...
  4. pit monster

The instruction book only talks about minimums but does not discuss any maximum sizes. Perhaps a good cleaning of the flue is all it needs or do the experts here think a metal liner (stainless?) would be the best solution?
  5. pit monster

We bought a 2nd home recently (built in 1923) that my wife uses during the week, empty on weekends. New Oil boiler was installed shortly after we bought the home, New Yorker that the manufacturer states is 86% efficient. The boiler ties into the homes original masonary flue, I do not think...
  6. pit monster

Loud hum from doorbell transformer

I just bought an 1923 home which has a neat working door bell which may be original. Anyway there is a very loud buzz originating from the transformer. Could it be as simple as swapping out the transformer to eliminate the hum or is there any other trouble shooting I should do first?
  7. pit monster

Boiler at a part time 2nd home & programable thermostat

None of the lines are in any outside walls. I can see all the plumbing in the basement and all the lines stay there until they pop up through the floor to the radiators in the first floor. The lines for the 2nd floor radiator do run through an attic space for about 3ft or so. This...
  8. pit monster

Boiler at a part time 2nd home & programable thermostat

My wife works away from home during the week and we recently purchased a 2nd home that she is in Monday evening about 5pm through Friday morning about 8am. It is a 1923 bungalow with a brand new New Yorker oil fired boiler running cast iron radiators throughout the home (Yeah the old boiler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks