Search results

1. shadysprings

Shower head thread crazy

I’m trying to Mickey Mouse up a 3-way diverter that attaches to the shower arm. Looking for a diverter that stays 1/2” inside to get full flow. The diverters I’ve tried all have a small hole that reduces the flow to much. Any suggestion? thanks.
  2. shadysprings

1/2" MIP? Does this exist?

I am replacing an angle stop valve for a refrigerator water supply line. Out is 1/4" compression and in is 1/2" MIP? I can find plenty of of these with 1/2" FIP, but not with the male version I think is called MIP. Does this exist? Well it does since the picture is one, but does it still...
  3. shadysprings

What's the bottom line, which toilet has the most powerful flush

Yes, I searched the forum and read hundreds of posts. There's got to be a way to empirically determine which toilet can flush the most toilet paper, hot dogs, golf balls, and other crap down successfully. So which exact model of toilet wins this? I've been using Toto G-max for years...
  4. shadysprings

Help out an electrical contractor would you?

Here's a picture of what I'm working with. The top of the blue flange is 1/8" below the finished floor. (ya ya ya, I'm not a tile setter pro) Am I okay with doing the double wax here? This bathroom has a history of leakiness. But now I've got a new toilet and new floor, so I'm trying to...
  5. shadysprings

What do these Product features" mean?

Product Features # Paraffin cartridge Is this something good? # 1/2" NPT female connections do I use teflon tape or some special putty on threads? # Built-in check valves What's a check valve for? # Service stops What are service stops for? # Temperature control only # GROHE TurboStat...
  6. shadysprings

Can someone suggest a good shower valve and explain pressure balance vs thermostatic

I finally had it with the Price Pfister 08 tract home cheapo valve. So I tore the drywall down behind the shower and now have full open access to valve. Wide open with no shower head it passes 4gpm. That's with a brand new cartridge. Without the cartridge, water flow is 30 gpm. So this...
  7. shadysprings

What's the bottom line on flow restriction for shower/bath tub

In California and maybe all of U.S, is there a specific law regarding flow restriction on shower systems. In the case of shower only, does the flow restriction happen at the valve or at shower head or both. Is this dictated by law or by how each mfg happens to design it. in my case, even...
  8. shadysprings

Price Pfister series 8 Shower valve question

I have three showers on the 2nd floor of house. Water pressure at regulator is 65 psi. In each bathroom, the tub and faucets have water pressure and flow like a rocket engine. But all three showers right next to tubs have much reduced flow. I took off shower heads, changed the pressure...
  9. shadysprings

Will two Taco timers work in parallel?

I currently have a Taco hot water recirculator in my house. I'd like to add a second timer to the system in parallel. See picture below. Question, if timer1 is on, and then timer2 turns on at the same time, will this cause any problems electrically? The other condition is if timer1 is on...
  10. shadysprings

How to synchronize time on Taco timer

Anyone know how to make the clock and outer ring time match? I just broke my old one by turning the outer ring, i think at least. I still can't figure out what I can turn and what i can't. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks