Search results

1. shadysprings

Shower head thread crazy

I’m trying to Mickey Mouse up a 3-way diverter that attaches to the shower arm. Looking for a diverter that stays 1/2” inside to get full flow. The diverters I’ve tried all have a small hole that reduces the flow to much. Any suggestion? thanks.
  2. shadysprings

1/2" MIP? Does this exist?

Why do angle stop valves get stuck? Should they be closed and opened periodically? or am I just using low quality ones? I have Keeney branded qtr turn ones all over my house and they either get stuck or won't close all the way. These are all about 10 years old. Thanks for all the help by the...
  3. shadysprings

Thanks, I just checked and there are FIP but no MIP. Dumb question but is there any difference between the brass and chrome colors? Other than the color?
  4. shadysprings

Since I can't find the nice looking one above, can you help me with the brass nipple idea. I'm confused. Are the threads tapered? Is this the right one? https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-1-2-in-Threaded-Male-Adapter-Nipple-Fitting/1000505857 Any what's longer lasting, teflon tape or pipe dope...
  5. shadysprings

This is beautiful. Guy jewelry. I can't find any in LA or even online.
  6. shadysprings

I am replacing an angle stop valve for a refrigerator water supply line. Out is 1/4" compression and in is 1/2" MIP? I can find plenty of of these with 1/2" FIP, but not with the male version I think is called MIP. Does this exist? Well it does since the picture is one, but does it still...
  7. shadysprings

What's the bottom line, which toilet has the most powerful flush

Yes, I searched the forum and read hundreds of posts. There's got to be a way to empirically determine which toilet can flush the most toilet paper, hot dogs, golf balls, and other crap down successfully. So which exact model of toilet wins this? I've been using Toto G-max for years...
  8. shadysprings

Closet flange height question

Oh. doh. Didn't think of that before. Now it all makes sense. Thanks.
  9. shadysprings

Help out an electrical contractor would you?

Here's a picture of what I'm working with. The top of the blue flange is 1/8" below the finished floor. (ya ya ya, I'm not a tile setter pro) Am I okay with doing the double wax here? This bathroom has a history of leakiness. But now I've got a new toilet and new floor, so I'm trying to...
  10. shadysprings

Closet flange height question

I've often wondered why the closet flange should be on top of finished floor. If the toilet flange is level with the base edges, and the closet flange is higher than floor, won't all the weight of toilet and toilet passenger all be pressing down on the closet flange? Shouldn't there a small...
  11. shadysprings

Toilet leak?

Back to the OP's question. What causes this slow leak? If the wax seal is broke, doesn't only leak when you flush? Last year, I had a toilet that was also leaking. Didn't flush it for 1 month to test it and it was still slow leaking the whole time? Is there somewhere else the leak could be...
  12. shadysprings

Toilet leak?

I'm dying to know what problems the plastic funnels cause. What are they for anyway? I always thought it was just a guide for the wax to compress against.
  13. shadysprings

Can someone suggest a good shower valve and explain pressure balance vs thermostatic

Thanks for the insightful answer. I was looking a Grohe valves today and they all come threaded. If i use teflon tape, then solder on an L, does the heat destroy the teflon tape? I'm trying to figure out the flow of having threaded components and also sweat connections too.
  14. shadysprings

Best shower valve--ranking companies from high to low

Maybe you can answer this? I'm trying to find out why thermostatic valves seems to be better at higher flow. Most PB valves are 4-8 gpm, while thermostatic are 9-18 gpm. And can you provide amodel # for a typical 1/2" valve for shower only that has 11+ gpm?
  15. shadysprings

Is this where I go to ask for a dishwasher?

I got a Bosch DW 4 months ago and wish I didn't. Pros- Looks nice, cleans well, quiet Cons - The latch keeps closing when door is open. Not sure how. But once it does,the door won't close. It uses condensation drying which sucks. Our dishes are seldom dry. And there's a sanitized light...
  16. shadysprings

What do these Product features" mean?

Product Features # Paraffin cartridge Is this something good? # 1/2" NPT female connections do I use teflon tape or some special putty on threads? # Built-in check valves What's a check valve for? # Service stops What are service stops for? # Temperature control only # GROHE TurboStat...
  17. shadysprings

Can someone suggest a good shower valve and explain pressure balance vs thermostatic

I finally had it with the Price Pfister 08 tract home cheapo valve. So I tore the drywall down behind the shower and now have full open access to valve. Wide open with no shower head it passes 4gpm. That's with a brand new cartridge. Without the cartridge, water flow is 30 gpm. So this...
  18. shadysprings

What's the bottom line on flow restriction for shower/bath tub

What model valve do you use? The PP 08 seem to be restriced on both sides. thanks
  19. shadysprings

I attached a gauge to where the shower normally goes and got 65lbs. I took the cartridge out and turned on the water supply and it was a massive stream of water that came out. So I have no doubt that it's the PP 08 valve cartridge with balancer that is severly restricting the flow. I'll keep...
  20. shadysprings

Would you be able to suggest any models that are not restricted before the shower head? The Price pfister 08 valve is not unrestricted to tub. Takes for ever to fill tub. Kinda useless.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks