Search results

1. Mike58

[B]Anyone know the expected lifetime of a Proflex no hub coupling?[/B]

I am planning to use some Fernco Proflex no hub couplings on ABS pipe. The joints will be in an exterior wall behind a tiled shower (new construction, no shower yet). It just occurred to me that this could cause much grief in the future if the couplings have a lifetime and the shower has to be...
  2. Mike58

Hubless coupling questions.

Are there limits on use of shielded hubless couplings? I am installing an ABS DWV system in new construction. Does the UPC limit the use of shielded hubless couplings, or can they be used just like a glued coupling (vertically and horizontally)? I have places where it looks like the easiest...
  3. Mike58

Plumbing bathrooms and kitchen, UPC

Following are some pictures of how I plan to plumb two bathrooms and a kitchen sink. Any advice will be appreciated. Here is a picture of the bathroom drains and vents with the framing. Cinder block foundation not shown. Vents green, drains red. As you can see, the house was not framed...
  4. Mike58

Shower drain and vent

I am an owner builder and it is time to plumb the drains (actually, it has been time to do that for longer than I want to admit). The idea is for the main drain (3") to run horizontally under the floor joists and through the foundation out to the septic tank. This means that for the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks