Search results

1. Chassis

Steel entry door weatherstripping - where to find?

Still looking after 9 years. Therma-Tru has improved their website but the weatherstrip I am looking for isn't on their site. I sent an email, hope to hear back from them. My door is not a Pease and the Hass Wholesale site doesn't have what I am looking for.
  2. Chassis

Mildew inhibitor for indoor latex paint?

Jim, that stuff works!!! I mixed up a batch of cleaning solution, per your recipe, filled an empty Windex bottle I had from my last tile project, and sprayed the solution on the ceiling and walls. I let it soak for 5 or so minutes, then wiped the mildew off with a sponge. It came off really...
  3. Chassis

Need source for window balance spring - old coil type - 50 years old

Hello, My home was built in 1950, in southeast PA. It has wood sash, double hung windows with single pane glass. The sashes are supported (balanced) by long (approximately 30 inches long x 3/8" outside diameter) coil springs, fastened at the top to a screw in the jamb, and fastened at the...
  4. Chassis

Need help diagnosing lighting circuit

Thanks for all the input folks. It was the dimmer. I installed a new 3-way Lutron and the fixture works. I left the other 3-way toggle, and will replace it if/when it needs to be replaced. p.s. The fixture is not LED. I have 6 x 60W incandescent bulbs installed, because I had them on...
  5. Chassis

Thanks. I think this is the problem. I am going to replace the dimmer switch tomorrow and see what happens. It is a 30-is year old Lutron, and probably has given up the ghost.
  6. Chassis

Hello, I am trying to install a new dining room chandelier. The old one was working fine, until it died. I can't say exactly what the cause was for the old fixture to fail. I have installed the new fixture and can't get it to work. There are two switches feeding the fixture, one is a...
  7. Chassis

jad, Does this solution damage other materials, such as: ceramic tile, grout, acrylic tubs, glass or plated metal (plumbing fixtures)? Would you recommend I apply it with a sponge mop, spray bottle or something else? Thanks.
  8. Chassis

I looked in the attic and sure enough there was very little insulation in between the joists in the area with the mildew on the ceiling. I filled the empty spaces with insulation. Next step is to clean the ceiling (bleach and mildew killer/inhibitor?), then repaint the ceiling. I don't think...
  9. Chassis

Thanks Dana, very interesting response. It makes sense. I'll poke around in the attic to see what kind of access I have to add more insulation. Have you (or anyone else) had experience with mildew inhibitors as a paint additive? Thanks again.
  10. Chassis

Hello all, What is the verdict on using liquid mildew inhibitors added to interior latex paint? I need to repaint a bathroom due to mildew on the ceiling. The ceiling adjoins the attic and an outside wall. The attic is very cold in the winter, and moisture condenses on the ceiling and mildew...
  11. Chassis

NuTone door chime problems

Hello guys, here's another one for you. I have an old (like most stuff in the house I live in) NuTone musical door chime. It is electronic and you can select several different songs. It has a speaker like you would find in a radio or stereo. It is a two button (two door) chime. It is fed...
  12. Chassis

Overhead garage door repair - frustration

Thanks all. I am not going to mess with the spring. I want to get a good diagnosis on it, so when I call the repairman I can point to what needs fixed so he doesn't spent more time than needed searching for the problem. The first thing is I need to replace a bunch of rollers, because...
  13. Chassis

Thanks Jim. I will check this tomorrow. I suspected something was out of whack (motor or springs) but didn't know how to inspect or diagnose it. What is the best way to check the spring tension?
  14. Chassis

Hello all, I have a pretty typical 4 panel sectional overhead garage door. The motor pulls from the center, the spring is a torsion type, there is one track on each side, and 5 rollers on each side. Maybe 3 or so months ago the rollers started eating themselves. I didn't notice any...
  15. Chassis

AC condensate into DWV wye?

Guys, thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure it has a trap in the floor. I have other floor drains in the basement, and periodically I need to add water to them to replenish the water that has evaporated from them. Is there a way I can verify there is a trap connected to the riser? I plan to...
  16. Chassis

AC condensate into DWV wye?

Hello all, I searched this site on this question, and I think (hope) what I want to do is OK. Presently my ac condensate line is plumbed via 1/2" PVC to a vertical, open (to the air) drain pipe in the basement concrete floor. There is an "air gap" and the condensate line is not solidly...
  17. Chassis

Laundry / utility faucet options?

Thanks hj, the two mfrs. you suggested have good solutions for my situation also. Do you know if either of them sell online? It seemed like they only sell through plumbing supply houses, which are not super plentiful near me.
  18. Chassis

Thanks jimbo, that's a good one that will work. Do you have a preferred online retailer who can sell and ship this? I definitely don't see this type of product at my local HD or Lowe's. Thanks.
  19. Chassis

Hello all. I want to know what my options are for a laundry/utility faucet. I am putting my darkroom back together, and need a faucet which mounts to the rough plumbing and will be attached to the concrete block wall. I have checked Kohler, Delta and Pfister and haven't seen anything I like...
  20. Chassis

Steel entry door weatherstripping - where to find?

Mettie, No, I have not gotten anywhere on this issue, but sure wish I had. The door I have was manufactured in Colorado Springs, CO according to the manufacturer's decal on the hinge edge of the door. I looked on Therma Tru's website and nothing in Colorado Springs is mentioned. My next...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks