Search results

1. David Alan

Galvanized drop pipe causing iron issues?

Exactly my situation. Our neighbors well was 150' deep, ours was 300' - they had a bad iron problem, we did not. Except from that rusting galv pipe. Looking at it, a significant amount of thickness was gone off of it - at least 35% crumbling off - it probably perforated at some point - and...
  2. David Alan

Galvanized drop pipe causing iron issues?

TJanak, Our rusting galvanized pipe - 220 feet of it, was replaced by PVC Sch 80. The pipe was in the well 11 years approx. We changed out the pump in 2003, and were shocked how much rust fell off the pipe on the ground just from unthreading them. The well guy back then said: 'ya got...
  3. David Alan

Cloudy well after pump guys pulled the pipes up

I can tell you what we experienced.... Hello: When our submersible pump died in Spring 2003, (high desert So Cal, clear but mineral laden well), they pulled the pump and it's galvanized piping. Tons of rust fell off - the pipes had to be shot thru with rust. Maybe leaking had cause the...
  4. David Alan

Anyone know "Packer ejector" functionality ?

Gentlemen: Thanks so much for your insight & help. Does a 2" packer ejector send water both ways, down inside the 2" well casing, then up again inside the 'drop pipe' ? Or is air pressure going down & water up the drop pipe ? The diagram I have isn't clear on that.... David Alan
  5. David Alan

PE pipe work for deep well jet "packer ejector" ?

Thanks for your reply.... Peter, Yes sir, that makes sense. With no readily available source of Schedule 80, it's 'back to the drawing board', it would seem.... Long drive towards Houston (2.5 hours) to find Sch 80 & thin-wall Couplings or........ thanks, David
  6. David Alan

Gentlemen, thanks for your helpful replies. With what you all are making plain, I will with any future wells, drill large enough for a submersible pump. Honestly, I was hoping to not have to go 95', and only having room for a 2" casing. Maybe I should reconsider setting the jet at...
  7. David Alan

Peter, thanks for your reply What were the wells cased in & their size ? Mine is 2" PVC.... David
  8. David Alan

Thanks for your reply..... Thanks for confirming, Gary. On Sch 40, do you mean with carefully solvent welded joints or using M/F Adaptors or ??? Thanks, David Alan :)
  9. David Alan

Hand pump? deep well

Thoughts on hand pump..... Loghead, Can I ask if you had located a nice quality handpump that will work effectively from your 102 ft depth, and at what price ? David Alan :)
  10. David Alan

Elsewhere, one fellow commented (in Florida) that he sees PE pipe used on deep well jet pump ejectors. (He didn't say in what size casing exactly...) I am trying to set a 'packer ejector' down to 70' depth (in a 95' deep, 2" PVC cased new well). Any chance PE pipe can be used in my...
  11. David Alan

Sch 40 solvent glue joint OK 4 single pipe jet pump to 95' ?

THANKS for your reply.... Aquaman, Do you mean typical thin wall slip x slip couplings for Sch 40 ** ? :confused: I am not sure of the delivery potential of the well / aquafer, so the info with the pump suggested I'd be able to pump 3-4 gpm at 70', which figured to be about...
  12. David Alan

May I ask for clarification, sir ? Are you saying this because the std size won't fit or will block the flow ? The reason I ask is I can obtain 'insert pvc' couplings that keep the basic sch 40 pipe OD the same, as long as a solvent glue joint will work for a drop pipe. I would happily do...
  13. David Alan

thanks for your reply.... Peter, As I'm new to this type of installation, I can only guess, that PE is more flexible like hose, not mostly rigid like Sch 40 / 80 pipe, correct ? It doesn't seem like flexible pipe would have the rigidity needed to "push" the leather cupped, cast iron...
  14. David Alan

Yes, what you say makes good sense ! But, even the tech / customer service guy there (Myers / Water Ace in Ohio) said the thin wall couplings were 'hard to find'. So, in light of that, I'm wondering if the solvent welded option would work. The 'Water Ace' well pump shelf at Lowes has...
  15. David Alan

Thanks for your help. I know the threaded thin wall 1 1/4" couplings would be ideal, but they're just not available locally. (small town east Texas) So, the bell end is too large OD to fit inside 2" ? Options might be: In 1 1/4": Slip x Slip normal couplings, or Slip x Slip...
  16. David Alan

THANKS for the reply..... Gary, thanks for your take on things. I wasn't sure if the solvent weld joints were strong enough, compared to threaded joints. The other aspect is the size of the threaded couplers. It's hard to find the reduced size threaded couplers. The OD of the...
  17. David Alan

Hi all: What a great forum. I appreciate any attention & help you can provide. We're located in East Texas, and just finished drilling my well recently. Lots of clay, but we found several gravel strata & then bottomed out out on rock at 94' deep. Installed 2" PVC well casing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks