Search results

1. mc510

"Overflow" style pop-up drain on sink w/o overflow?

My new cultured marble vanity top/sink does not have an overflow hole, but the pop-up drain that comes with my faucet does have holes for a sink overflow channel. I started off thinking that I'd need to discard the pop-up and buy a non-overflow type, but what if I use it? Some drain water will...
  2. mc510

Angle stop outlet is what thread?!

I want to attach a tee adapter to the bathroom lavatory cold water angle stop, and am embarrassingly confused by the thread. The flex line that's currently attached says that it has 1/2" FIP on both ends, but it doesn't look or act anything like tapered pipe thread. The tee adapters at Ace said...
  3. mc510

Can't light Rheem 22V40FN

House is currently unoccupied so I turned off the water heater according to instructions, then also turned off the valve on the gas supply line. Now, a couple of months later, I turned the gas supply back on and tried to light the pilot. I don't see a spark when I depress the lighter, don't see...
  4. mc510

Armored cable on wall surface?

I want to extend a circuit from an existing outlet (steel handy box) in the garage to a remodel box on the opposite side of the wall several feet away. Because the studs are enclosed with sheetrock, I'm picturing running armored cable on the surface of the wall, then ducking through a small...
  5. mc510

Pipe size when adding bathroom?

Previous owner of my house added a second bathroom, with permits. They did not, apparently, re-do the original plumbing (which looks to be 5/8 copper) but just tapped-in with ½ inch copper to go to the new bath. I'm guessing that this is the reason that the shower temp (either one) goes off...
  6. mc510

PP Crown Imperial interchangeable with Crown Imperial?

[EDIT - Please disregard my idiotic subject for this thread .... I mean to ask if Crown Imperial is interchangeable with Verve.] There's a Price Pfister 2-handle Crown Imperial set in my shower stall (installed around 1970 if that matters). I'm thinking about a rebuild kit to replace all of...
  7. mc510

Replacing 1950s tub fixture -- advice on selection and installation

After too many years of banging my head against this 3-handle bathtub/shower fixture, I think I'm ready to just replace it. There's a closet on the other side, so I'm assuming that I can just tear out the back of the closet and have easy access to the shower plumbing. But what to replace it...
  8. mc510

Help identify 3 handle tub fixture from 1950s?

Somewhere I got the idea that it's Price Pfister, but after poring over the Kissler catalog that seems impossible. It's got 16 points on the splined broach, and the valve stem is about 13/32" diameter and 5 1/4" [edit: corrected length]. The handles look a lot like Briggs, but Kissler says...
  9. mc510

Fix rusted drain in tile shower

Removing the hair trap caused the screws to break off like they were made of clay. Now I've got a hideously rusted (cast iron?) open drain set into the tile shower bottom, and no way to attach the hair trap. Is this a matter of choosing between (1) tearing out the shower and rebuilding the...
  10. mc510

Hook two water lines to one stop valve?

I've got an insinkerator instant hot to install in my kitchen; it uses a 3/8 compression fitting on its supply line. The cold water stop valve has one 3/8 compression fitting, which is, of course, being used by the faucet. So I need a way to get both of these 3/8 compression lines attached to...
  11. mc510

Green sediment in water

Three days after moving into my "new" (1950s) house and the brand new kitchen faucet clogged up with sandy sediment that is sort of a milky green color. I'm familiar with black sediment from iron pipes; is this green sediment natural with copper pipes? We're on utility water and have a gas...
  12. mc510

Proper connection to sink wall drain?

I've got a 1 1/2" wall drain in my bathroom that has male threads flush with the wall and then about 1/2" of pipe extending out beyond it. Currently, there's a slip-joint waste arm coming from the wall, but the 1 1/2" nut at the wall doesn't seem like it's doing anything ... there's no washer...
  13. mc510

Help identify my 3-handle tub fixture?

I hope folks here can help me to identify the bathtub fixture in my "new" (to me) 1950 home. It looks like a basic Price Pfister job, including the PP Beaux Art escutcheons and handles, but I need to identify it real specific so that I can locate a correct packing nut for the diverter handle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks