Search results

1. Eliot

layout for toilet/floor-drain/sink & sizing vent

SDR35 inside Quote: "I can not change that (outside) drain, for it is below the cities storm sewer. I can put a floor drain inside though, for the once a decade event." The cities sanitary sewer is now very deep (they spent weeks breaking bedrock for it), so a restroom floor drain it is...
  2. Eliot

OK Kids... How does this look. My First DWV System

Google SketchUp smoothing You can place your drawing on Google Earth and look at other drawings as well. If you want to get rid of the 'wire framing' on the wyes and fittings: go to drop down menu -[window] [soften edges] pick 35º and check 'soften coplanars' If you exploded the group...
  3. Eliot

I'm confident that the sewer won't flood, as the city upsized the old 1850's clay, buried it deeper, I'm at the high point on the system, I'm the first building on the system, It rarely rains on the leap day, the 4" clay sewer laterals are now 6" plastic and deeper, it never flooded before. Now...
  4. Eliot

The old unit (not me) The old toilet had a cast iron wye with a dry vent built in about one foot from the leaden ell–the flange sits on–so I... assumed... This toilet was added in about 1940 and I'm sure plumbing practices have changed. As long as it's to code and is is designed the...
  5. Eliot

The old unit (not me) The old toilet had a cast iron wye with a dry vent built in about one foot from the leaden ell–the flange sits on–so I... assumed... This toilet was added in about 1940 and I'm sure plumbing practices have changed. As long as it's to code and is is designed the...
  6. Eliot

6" SDR35 and other things The 6" SDR35 is what the city upgraded to I had to place the clean-out inside on this leg of the sewer as per city engineers advice, so I reduced to 4" after that. Even stranger--I had to install 2 2" conduits one for phone, one for cable. In this picture you can see...
  7. Eliot

Great site Terry. I installed a new 6" sewer 12" below top of slab where the old sewer was 24" above. Now I want to put a floor drain in and I would like this to work well and never give me any grief. The restroom is 4 feet below grade and does get some flooding when it rains more then 2" an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks