Search results

1. xdeaconx

crack in cast iron

Thanks for the info Jim, anyone else have a differnt take?
  2. xdeaconx

crack in cast iron

so you're saying that whole section (leaded at top of the T and the small section on the bottom) is all galvanized, good to know. I've never heard of a Tucker Tee, would this be original or a repair? HJ, would more photos help you get a better idea of the job and how to proceed? thanks for all...
  3. xdeaconx

crack in cast iron

thanks Lurker, points well taken not using the ABS. The pipe cutters causing a bigger mess was my worry. by a "little more demo" do you mean open the space up more for the purpose of using a sawsall or just that it will be easier to work on with more of the stack exposed?
  4. xdeaconx

crack in cast iron

Hey guys, Well I was unlucky enough to have a crack in the drain line somewhere inside the wall. I cut out the drywall and found the problem. Pics are below. There are two big cracks in the bushing that is screwed into the san t (in the photo you can see my temp epoxy fix where it is). I've...
  5. xdeaconx

Can I change cast iron out for PVC?

Much appreciated (sorry for calling you Phil, that was the name in your sig, now it says Ron. So I don't know what to call you haha). So the "c" section of the sission fitting (from above photo) slides into the lower half of the vertical stack. Then you put your wye fitting in and slide the...
  6. xdeaconx

Dang! So one more thing not done right. At least I'm getting the real deal here. So does that mean I'm going to have to lead the joints now? Also how does that sission fitting work? does it slip inside the stack? There is a wall on the right hand side of the stack. Do they make double wyes...
  7. xdeaconx

Thanks for the heads up Terry, I didn't relize that the 4x3 was slightly longer. I thought I could just switch them out. This sounds like the best way to proceed. I do have just a few more questions. First does the photo in post #6 look right, concerning connecting the tub drain with the...
  8. xdeaconx

Anybody have any input about the plans above?
  9. xdeaconx

HJ i'm going to try and tackle this this weekend. can I use a 45 or 90 to drop the shower drain to meet the lateral line as described in photo above? Also how does this look for the 4x4x4 stack fitting layout (photo below)? Is this what you were talking about when you said hook both shower and...
  10. xdeaconx

bump with revision to plan.
  11. xdeaconx

I'm having a hard time visualizing this, what would the fixture end up looking like? Understood, what is the pitch per foot I should be aiming for? And if it's too steep to connect as show will this work? pic below
  12. xdeaconx

Man, I'm glad I posted up. Why didn't they just do it right the first time. Are there any constraints on how it gets plumbed in? I'm thinking something like this (photo below). Are there special transitional PVC fixture used with plastic lead that join PVC to iron?
  13. xdeaconx

Hi guys, 2 years ago we had an ejector pump put in the basement to rough out a bath down there, and the plumbers ran most of the work in PVC. Except for the lateral line that feeds in to the soil stack. That they did in cast iron. So now I've got my basement ceiling open and have discovered the...
  14. xdeaconx

Settting option for preformed shower pan

got it jada, i'll look for the sand, portand mix. thanks
  15. xdeaconx

hmm, deck mud, I think i remember something about that over at john birdges website. Sounds like something I'd have to mix myself. Maybe i can find a recipe online somewhere. EDIT I found the site talking about deck mud, in case anyone else want's to see what it's all about...
  16. xdeaconx

That makes perfect sense. What's the "right stuff" as far as mortar is concerned? Should it ever be used to finish off the leveling of the acrylic base?
  17. xdeaconx

why mortar as opposed to concrete? Is there ever a time to use one over the other?
  18. xdeaconx

Fiberglass shower base with compression drain

thanks for the reply dcelite, will do.
  19. xdeaconx

Fiberglass shower base with compression drain

I have a fiberglass shower base I am installing in a basement bathroom. I have all the stub out plumbed with 2" cast iron a concreted. I left the length sticking out of the concrete long so I can cut it to length. I am wondering what that lenght is? Should the top edge of the pipe be flush...
  20. xdeaconx

drain pipe layout basement sink help

would I need to put the new vent line between the washer p trap and the sink p trap?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks