Search results

1. Mudslider

Boiler still shuts off

finally Well, I think we had two issues...Low water and air AND an intermediate short in the wiring at the pump. My step son as here for Christmas, he is a journeybman Electrician. We thought it was the pump and he confirmed and was able to "fix" it until we can replace it. Thanks for all the...
  2. Mudslider

Mystery Boiler from hell

Finally Well, I think we had two issues...Low water and air AND an intermediate short in the wiring at the pump. My step son as here for Christmas, he is a journeybman Electrician. We thought it was the pump and he confirmed and was able to "fix" it until we can replace it. Thanks for all...
  3. Mudslider

Boiler still shuts off

pull pump? It is a taco 007 with the cartridge. not sure how to pull it and run it at the same time..original tech said it was working..do not think it is anymore.b
  4. Mudslider

Mystery Boiler from hell

tried a tech This all started with a tech coming out and saying he didn't know what was wrong, everything tested ok...not sure how to run the pump pulled....it is a taco007 with a cart. Guess I get to pay again....it has beat me. Grandkids coming to a cold house.
  5. Mudslider

Mystery Boiler from hell

After all sorts of trouble...it was working, circulating...every radiator heating....I was convinced that it had been a lack of water and pressure, it ran great for hours...then we woke up cold. The aquastat askes the pump to circulate at the call for heat...whether or not the blower and...
  6. Mudslider

Boiler still shuts off

We have been workiing on this for 5 weeks so far. HVAC tech had no idea. I thought we had it fixed. Last night added water to system, brought pressure up. it worked great for hours. Every radiator heated, system came on and off as needed. Woke up this morning cold. Same thing, runs for...
  7. Mudslider

Pump ony runs when burner/blower are on

Problem solved I finally had enough, pulled out the rotozip..made a bigger access to the unit and got ready to pull the pump..found out the auto fill valve did not work and the supply line was shut off. Filled it to high end of suggested psi, bled the rads again....and it works. After 5...
  8. Mudslider

Boiler Heat System shuts off....

problem solved We got it fixed. I pulled out the rotozip and took out the sheetrock and got ready to pull the pump..then We found the autofill valve did not work and the supply valve was off...so, filled it to top of manufactorers suggested psi. and it is fixed......thanks so much for all your...
  9. Mudslider

ok, back to the start. before it got real cold it was working fine. The day it quit the kids had it cranked up high all day. It just quit heating. Boiler would fire and shut off after a few minutes.....a few days later it froze.....Now it has thawed and I wonder what that has to do with it, as...
  10. Mudslider

rewired I rewired the pump. Is there a way to check the pump? c1/c2 has 120V. I am starting to think it got vapor locked or air, it quit working and then it froze here. Now it is 50 out and yesterday the return was screaming and I noticed last night that the unit came on alot more...
  11. Mudslider

Thanks Thanks for you input, it took alot of figuring what it was NOT..now it could only be a few things.... Mudslider..more then just a drink,
  12. Mudslider

a whole new problem. ok, its a Crown Boiler CXE4..The aquastat is a honeywell L8148A..I have been online, have both Manuals, schematics...everything. Not bad for a laid of Mortgage Banker. So, you have been talking to me on another thread because I put this in the worng place to start. But...
  13. Mudslider

maybe pump not runnin So, it seems that maybe the taco 007 is not running, or if it is it isn't very much. After all the trouble shooting and adjusting and bleeding everyone of those raditors, still no heat. The thing is, it was working, then it just quit. So, I think that the pump is...
  14. Mudslider

rewire ok, we put the wires where they need to be, and it sounds like the pump is working, even when the burner/blower is not.. man this is a mess...the tech really screwed us up. So I am back to the begining, everything seem to be ok, except no heat to the radiators....
  15. Mudslider

volt check ok, volt check on c1 to c2 was 124.5v and we found that the pump is wired directly into L1 and L2...and it was 124.8v..So if the tech hooked me up direct? why does the pump not run?
  16. Mudslider

heat only boiler This is a single pump heat, boiler to pipes to baseboard radiators. Manual says the pump should run thorughout the full call for heat,not just when the burner/blower is on. Because it is only circulating a few minutes, system never cools and shuts right down. The aquastat...
  17. Mudslider

reply It is a one pump system. The aquastat must be bad....it is not turning the pump on at the right time, so yes..it is overheating and shutting down...all the outgoing pipes are hot, return is cooler.....we have have no heat per say. Thermostate says 50-55, but I have been burning a wood...
  18. Mudslider

So, after alot of reading and troubleshooting we have determined that the Taco pump only runs when the blower /burners are on. It is my impression that is is supposed to run off the inital call for heat, then the water temp determines the blower/burner coming on. So, is this a bad aquastat...
  19. Mudslider

good advice So, we did some trouble shooting and have determined this. The expansion tank is not waterlogged and has the right air pressure We have figured out that the Taco pump is not pumping when a call for heat is issued. It only runs when the blower and burners are running. SO...
  20. Mudslider

thanks I will share this info with my husband..He is a Drywall contractor..not a plumber or heat guy. And as for the switcheson the radiators..I really do not know which is open, which is closed..... I will try the Boiler forum as well, thanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks