Search results

1. smithwd

Need to break vacum in water softener drain line

Valve noise The noise was coming from the seat vibrating in the vacuum breaker................... someone said raise the water softener higher then the outlet......but that won't happen...........
  2. smithwd

final resolution I think I'll use the tee at the highest point of the drain and run the third leg into the washing machine drain as a breather...........if the outside line freezes then it goes into the septic as a backup...voila.....
  3. smithwd

bright idea.... between the highest point of the drain and the exit level i'll put a trap .(extend the drain line to the floor then bring it back up.....that should collect any exess water from the high point...
  4. smithwd

no leaks i tested for leaks at the softeners just to make sure.........i still think that some water is left in the drain near the high point and that's my source of dripping until its gone.........I haven't found too many Vacuum breakers like the watts N36 that might...
  5. smithwd

case reopened i think I still need a vacuum break as the drain line drips with the leftover water....i tested the other side of the loop to see if the tank valves were leaking and no dripping..so I'm guessing there is still some water left in the drain that is held by a vacuum and is slowly...
  6. smithwd

Case closed Thanx for the help.........so much for dealing with the pros at my plumbing supply house. at least my money will keep them in business..............
  7. smithwd

Possible answer from another forum A response to another similar question about drains freezing from water held by a vacuum lock stated that if the end of the drain line is open then the water should drain back to the highest point in the drain line which is in my floor joists.......so my...
  8. smithwd

What it looks like 6' from the softener to the vacuum break which is along the ceiling so make it a 3' rise.....then it runs downhill to a dry well outside of the house less than 30 feet......the drain hose from the softener is 1/2" matchs the pex........the vacuum breaker is attached via...
  9. smithwd

have a 1/2" pex drain line running outside as I can't run it into my septic system anymore.......I installed a Watts N36 vacuum breaker at the highest point to allow all the water to drain and eliminate any freezing problems. During regeneration the valve disk flutters making a...
  10. smithwd

Opening a Kohler outlet before installing

would it make sense to open/smooth the outlet of a Kohler Highline before installing it??? it isn't that smooth and coul probably be enlarged a bit...would that help????
  11. smithwd

Pressure drop

Called in my water treatment system person (does wells also )... Problem is with the galvanized elbow on the bottom of the Extrol tank being somewhat restricted....tank is 10 years old..... we could overide the switch and build the pressure up to 60 to validate the findings..... will...
  12. smithwd

Pressure drop

it draws down normally from 50.... one thing I might throw out......I have a water treatment system for iron and salt etc........2 tanks involved.......I wonder if one of them might have a bladder type system or whatever that is taking the 10psi....I have a call into my water treatment...
  13. smithwd

Pressure drop

it does the pressure drop but still has enough pressure to prevent the low setting from kicking it on...I can draw water until the low switch kicks on... he just makes me nervous to watch the gauge go to 60 and then drop if the system is closed at that time the pressure i being lost...
  14. smithwd

Pressure drop

it looks like the low end is around 38.........29 is still low but should not cause what i'm seeing.......... i like the check valve idea....it does take a little longer to pump up to pressure.. thanx for the help guys.....now I can talk to my plumber and impress him....on second thought...
  15. smithwd

Pressure drop

after my submersible pump pumps up to the set pressure of #60 it stops as it should but the pressure on the gauge drops immediately to #50. I ve tried this running water through the cycle and again shutting off the faucet as soon as it starts to pump.... no air in the lines. xtrol...
  16. smithwd

Rattling Xtrol pressure tank

thanx for the info.. pressure goes up to 60 with a faucet open.......when it hits 60 it does a quick drop to 50 and then continues normally until it hits the low setting.
  17. smithwd

Rattling Xtrol pressure tank

When my well pump cycles and starts filling my Xtrol tank it sounds like marbles rattling around inside the tank... Any ideas? it fills fine,,just noisy
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks