Search results

1. Jetlag

vanity clearance

Im adding a bath vanity in an existing corner, I plan to build a 4 ft high wall on the other side out 36 " from wall , should I leave enough clearence to clear the vanity top (31") and fill in the 1/2 " on each side of vanity with wood strip or should I leave only room for vanity 30" and saw off...
  2. Jetlag

Flexable Duct

Is it ok to use the silver flexible insulated duct between two foor levels where it will be concealed and unable to access . I plane to run two 10" metal ducts and come off of those with the flex for the floor registers . Does the 2 - 10 " main ducts sound about right for 600 sq ft and reduce...
  3. Jetlag

stair case hand rail

I have a stair case between two floors on a new house, When you get to the bottom landing you make a left turn to go out into the living room . I want to take out a few extra feet of the living room wall so the stair case will show at the bottom and use the spindles and stair case railing for...
  4. Jetlag

pipe protection

I know if you put a pipe in a hole or notch in a stud or other member it has to have a metal plate on the sides less that 1.5 " from the edge of the stud. I see in a DIY plumbing book that pipes ran parallel to the studs have to have protection for the entire length that is within 1.5 of the...
  5. Jetlag

Door opening to bathroom

I made a mistake when I planned my bath. The door is going to hit the vanity before it opens 90 deg, I remember reading in the IRC something about the min deg but I cant find it now . if I change the swing the door will hit toilet instead of vanity . I will estimate the opening either way to...
  6. Jetlag

hammer arrester

I have installed a hammer arrester supply box for the ice maker on frig the dish washer will be right beside the frig . can i put a tee in the ice maker line for the dish wash or does the code require a seperate supply box for the dish wash. The ice line is 1/4 od isnt the dish wash larger 3/8 od.
  7. Jetlag

Nail Protector Plates

I know you have to use the large nail plates now that extend 2" below the top plates and 2" above the sole plate. They only have 5" x 8" plates around Here so you wind up 3 1/2 " above the sole plate. My question is I thought this was only for DVW pipes and you could still use the small 1 1/2 x...
  8. Jetlag

vanity clearance

I'm looking at figure R307.1 in the IRC and it shows a 4" space between a vanity and a wall on the end. Does that mean you cant put a vanity against a wall ? I think that would be for a sink or narrow vanity. I'm planning to put 48" vanity between two walls. It seems there would be a min from...
  9. Jetlag

clearance for vanity and top

I need to leave a rough opening for a 48 " vanity . It will be between a wall on each end. The problem is the tops at the supply are 49 or 50 inches. If I leave room for top will be a space on each end of vanity . If I dont leave room for top would have to cut if off. what is best thing to do ...
  10. Jetlag

tub rough in

Dont people still include connecting the tub/shower with the rough in plumbing ? The inspector was here one day and I told him I was about finished with plumbing rough in except connection the tubs and few more things, He said i couldnt set the tubs because he had to inspect the insulation...
  11. Jetlag

studs 2 ft center

I trying to find in code where it say you can put 2x4 studs on 2 ft centers on interior non load bearing walls, I know I saw that somewhere.. I just want to do that on a wall up against a jetted tub . To have more room to access the pump. I will have an access panel on the other side of wall...
  12. Jetlag

load bearing

If you run an interior wall perpendicular to the ceiling joists on a roof system that is designed for a clear span wouldnt that be a non-bearing wall even though the ceiling joist are resting on it. I used 2x6 rafters and 2x8 ceiling joists which the inspector passed for the 18 ft span, on one...
  13. Jetlag

Door at bottom of stairs

I wanted to put a door at the bottom of a stair case but I wont have room unless I raise the landing up level with the first step and then have one step off the side to step down to living room. My other option is put the door at the top of the stairs but it will open back against a closet door...
  14. Jetlag

Air handler in closet

I want to install an air handler in closet but the supply houses dont seem to carry a louvered door except a bi fold which I never cared for. They also dont have a louvered grill that is made to cut into a door. What do most people do now to get air to the air handler . I can order the louvered...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks