Search results

1. Leeelson

New construction heating advice wanted

Looking for advice. Building a 2700 sq ft vacation home in rural Northern Vermont. Home will be used about a month by up to 10 people, mostly in the summer but occasionally in winter (temps down to -20 F). Need to keep house from freezing in winter. Only utility is electrical ($.19 kwh) but...
  2. Leeelson

Help me interpret pump changes

Grundfos 25S20-11 2HP installed in Feb '16 with CSV 125 60-1. I have a cycle sensor that gives current draw. When the pump was installed, the max current draw was about 9 amps but only when running my largest irrigation line. Most lines showed about 8 amps. I believe that the largest current...
  3. Leeelson

Grohe faucet spray flow leak

I have a Ladylux Café faucet purchased in 2014. The rinse spray head leaks a small amount of spray flow even when the diver button is not pressed. I have cleaned the screen but that doesn't help. How can I fix this? Anyone know of a tech support phone number (not in India) for Grohe?
  4. Leeelson

Pressure tank sizing.

I've recently replaced a pump with a Grundfos Model 25S20-11 and a CSV CSV12560-3. I have an 8 gal pressure tank and have problems with pump cycling. There's a whole thread on this here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/well-pump-help.63737/ I'd like to run the pressure switch at...
  5. Leeelson

Well pump help

In another thread (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/strange-fault-light-on-franklin-subdrive-150-model-5870204150.63646/) I chronicled the impending failure of a VFD controller. I am now convinced that it would make sense to abandon the VFD in favor of a conventional system with a...
  6. Leeelson

Strange fault light on Franklin Subdrive 150 (Model 5870204150)

I'm getting 10 flashes of the fault light. They sort of come in pairs over about 15 seconds (i.e. 5 pairs of flashes). Then, for about 30 seconds nothing happens, then the process repeats, 10 more flashes. This goes on for 5 minutes, then stops for 10 minutes or so. I checked the supply voltage...
  7. Leeelson

stuck set screw

Couldn't find my problem with a search.... I have a Kohler K-T14420 Shower control whose stem extension is very loose. I think a retaining screw may have broken off (I have a parts diagram). My problem is that I can't remove the set screw from the handle stem despite repeated applications of...
  8. Leeelson

measuring blower motor current

I've noticed that my electricity consumption has increased recently and for various reasons I suspect an HVAC squirrel cage blower motor. Although it doesn't seem excessively hot, I want to find out if it's drawing more than the rated current. It has a shielded AC cable running to it. What is...
  9. Leeelson

Rainbird valve problem

[Sorry if this question has been answered, but I can't seem to get the search engine to do an *AND* search rather than *OR*.] I have a Rainbird JTV/AS-100 anti-siphon valve (poorly written "manual" available at RainBird Website). For some time, when the valve is turned on (electrically...
  10. Leeelson

Water heater insulation

I have a gas water heater for which I can't find a water heater blanket that will fit. Can I just use faced fiberglass attic insulation as long as I avoid the vents and top of the heater? Is there a fire hazard? Seems not to me.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks