Search results

1. Steelers Fan

Correct way to stub out PEX?

if you want it to be rock solid like traditional copper terminate the pex with an drop eared elbow fastened to an backer board and stub out with an nipple and an threaded angle stop.just be sure to use some teflon tape and some good pipe dope.two brands that are good are hercules blue block or...
  2. Steelers Fan

Electrical? on a water heater

thanks for the help guys just trying to understand it .I guess I need to break out my basic electricity book and get back to studying,but in the meantime I'm calling a sparky out to take care of it
  3. Steelers Fan

jad not sure if it was a junction at all the H.O. told me what he found above the existing old kitchen lights.I asked if it was in a j-box and he said no and told me to open up the new lights and take a look for myself to see if I could fix it.Not being an electrician I politely declined and...
  4. Steelers Fan

I thought of the dip tube also but in talking with the tenant and the landlord the w.h. worked fine till he came to install new lights in the kitchen,which is when the circuit breaker tripped for the w.h. and ever since they have zero hot water.I flipped the breaker back on and hit the reset...
  5. Steelers Fan

so i got a call today from an existing customer who tells me one of her rental properties the tenant says she only gets about 5-6 minutes of hot water and then it goes cold.So I'm thinking it sounds like the lower element has crapped out.I get there and check it for continuity and its good so I...
  6. Steelers Fan

What torch do I need?

I have actualy pulled them with a #2 on a mc tank
  7. Steelers Fan

question for plumbers more experienced than me

Sorry to hear of your parting with the U.A. HJ ,.I know as well as you it's a great institution but yes it can be rife with a lot of politics,but judging from your post on here I think I can say you've done well for yourself despite your departure from the U.A..I'm not one of those plumbing...
  8. Steelers Fan

Thats really cool for me to learn about the rules that are carried out by different locals around the country.I guess it all depends on the job market you"re in and I can definately appreciate that.That is exactly why I am on boards like this and like trying to learn all I can about our trade,so...
  9. Steelers Fan

steelers fan and dallas sucks even more
  10. Steelers Fan

Thanks HJ for your reply.The guys at my local know I'm doing work on the side and that's no problem here just trying to make a living and keep current on my child support and pay the bills.I do mostly residential now so I'm not cutting into the unions profits as it's all commercial and...
  11. Steelers Fan

Thanks guys for your response.Not having been out there yet i guess im just in the guessing game and ill have to wait and see. A lot of older townhomes here have pb for the supply,i figure all i can can do for that short of a repipe is a sharkbite(not my favorite as im not fully sold on em yet)...
  12. Steelers Fan

got a call today on a townhouse on a slab that has a leak in the supply.I havent been out there yet because the union finally put me back to work after 16 month layoff,but anyways i suspect it's leaking where the water supply enters the house at the garage as thats where the h.o said there is...
  13. Steelers Fan

happy but sad

They are fairly liberal here I guess on the working for other contractors issue.We in virginia are a fairly small union(probably less than 500 active,in our local)but we are split into three locals for the state(110 is the tidewater area and then theirs 540 only an hour away and another farther...
  14. Steelers Fan

happy but sad

Ive been laid off for a year now,80 some people on the bench so I gotta do what I gotta do,but in this case Im working for a guy just opening a company and they are way too small to compete with any union contractor so as long as i dont work for the competition Im all good as far as the local is...
  15. Steelers Fan

med gas

Thanks HJ.Thats about what i figured.I know what the purge is for,we ran some of the line today and have to run some more tomorrow and the boss was there and as i reached for the nitrogen tank he told me we didnt need it as he checked and there is no regulation on this for vet hospitals.I...
  16. Steelers Fan

med gas

gotta run an oxygen line in a veterinary hospital.Im wondering if I need to run a nitrogen purge while im brazing or if since its not dealing with humans if you dont really have to?
  17. Steelers Fan

happy but sad

got a job today with a master plumber doing service work,so im kinda happy.But at the same time seeing the quality(or lack thereof expected)Im very dissapointed.Not saying im some fantastic plumber since ive done new construction pretty much exclusively,but this really suxx a$$.this guy does not...
  18. Steelers Fan

San tee's

Same here as far as I know if its on its back whether drainage or vent it should be a combo, I may be wrong but I prefer to err on the side of caution when dealing with picky inspectors. Saves me a lot of headache:D or a long sweep
  19. Steelers Fan

Cleaner vs primer

I just left a house the other day where a guy used nothing but glue and before he got there the tub overflow and drain dripped after he left it poured;)
  20. Steelers Fan

San tee's

Went to plumbing code class tonight and were talking about san tee's among many, many other things and as I understand the book and talking with local inspector here ( under IPC) there are only two positions in which they're legal .1: from horizontal to vertical looking down for drainage and 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks