Search results

1. C

Can Oxbow washing machine valve be repaired?

Yes, it is the Sioux Chief Ox Box and it was pressure tested with the valve in the off position. The drip only occurs when the washing machine is hooked up and the valve is in the on position. What brand would you suggest that would be a better quality? Thanks for the info and I'm sorry I have...
  2. C

Can Oxbow washing machine valve be repaired?

I am building a new home and when I hooked up the washing machine the oxbow valve on the cold water side drips, not from the hose connnection but from the valve. Is there a way to get this out and repair it without cutting out the drywall?
  3. C

Two elements vs. one element

My understanding is that only one element at a time is operating, therefore a 30 amp circuit is adequate. Is this correct?
  4. C

So, other than a quicker recovery is there an advantage or disadvantage of 4500/5500 watt? It seems like if I can get a 5500 watt, why would I want a 4500 watt. There would be no more energy consumed with the 5500 watt since it would be on a shorter time than the 4500 watt. I'm thinking a 5500...
  5. C

Do you know what brand has two element/5500 watts? All the duals I have found are 4500. I did find a hybrid but I don't see how it would help me. If I put it in the garage it's going to take the heat out of the air and in the winter that might be enough to freeze my pipes.
  6. C

I'm building a new house and am wondering, is it better to use a hot water with two elements rated at 4500w or a water heater with a single element rated at 5500w? The catalog claims the 5500w has a 20% quicker recovery rate.
  7. C

Do I need conduit?

You're right. Heat strips it is. I have decided to run them in a 3/4" smurf pipe and see what the inspector says
  8. C

Do I need conduit?

There are two 4's and an 8. I looked at a chart and it said 1" for three 4's, so I calculated it for two 4's and an 8 and got 3/4". Was your chart for two 4's and an 8, or three 4's?
  9. C

Do I need conduit?

PVC plastic conduit
  10. C

Do I need conduit?

According to my calculations two 4's and an 8 can run in 3/4" conduit and be within the 40% fill rule. Am I right?
  11. C

Do I need conduit?

I could not get any 4-2 wg to connect my air handler to my breaker box so I bought 4 copper and 8 copper single strand. Can I bundle these together and run them through the attic like romex or do they have to run in conduit?
  12. C

Why is no one using 3/8" pex?

I am building a new house and wish to put in a home run system using a manabloc manifold. I am planning on using 3/8" pex to all fixtures except tub/showers and sill cocks, which will be 1/2". I do not find local supply houses stocking 3/8" and several plumbers say 3/8" is to small. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks