Search results

1. ilya

Pilot goes out with new thermocouple

A gal I've done a little work for has a 7 yr old Richmond water heater. I've replaced the thermocouple but the pilot still goes out after a few hours. Any deas would be appreciated.
  2. ilya

Closet bend 14 ft. from main stack!

I have a client remodeling a 2nd floor 1/2 bath. The toilet is an unbelievable 14 feet from the main stack w/ a 60 deg. bend. (In 4" cast iron of course) The truly joyous part is that 12 ft. of it is in unfinished attic crawlspace. What's the UPC say about THIS humdinger? Thanks for any help.
  3. ilya

CPVC tastes yucky

I come seeking the wisdom of the graybeards. I replaced all supply lines in a 1920's home recently. The client's budget dictated cpvc. Everything works great, but the kitchen water tastes like plastic. The kitchen sink was installed 2 weeks after I finished, so water sat in those lines that...
  4. ilya

New drain question

hi everyone. Please do tell the maximum total degrees of bend permissible before a drain joins the main stack under IPC? I couldnt do a search that wanted to work. Thanks
  5. ilya

Fixture units

Twinpeaksr's post and Terry's reply brought something to a head for me. I don't understand how to use fixture units for supply or DWV. I only know they help calculate pipe sizing requirements based on fixtures served. Can someone here help please? Thanks
  6. ilya

Transition cement

In my county, DWV can be CI, galv, copper, PVC, or ABS. I've seen a green pipe cement called "transition cement" that's permitted for joining ABS to PVC. Any comments or experiences? Thanks!
  7. ilya

Improving quality of my posts

Can anyone help me learn how to scan in a paper drawing, and attach it to my posts here, using windows xp? I don't want to waste people's time with explanations that are clear only to me. Perhaps a private message reply is appropriate, unless others want to know, too. Thanks!
  8. ilya

old galv drain in concrete bathroom floor

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking about for awhile and learned a few things. Thanks for being here! I need help... My hometown, Akron Ohio, has a huge number of homes built in the 20's and 30's for the tire plant workers. Some of the higher end homes have small square and octagonal tile floors...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks