Search results

1. PlumbPowerHouse

Kitchen faucet

We love DELTA down here in S.C. It's easy to sell because it really is a great product.
  2. PlumbPowerHouse

Laundry / utility faucet options?

We use this as our upgrade option for our customers. They love it here in South Carolina. http://www.belleforet.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=168
  3. PlumbPowerHouse

Need help identifying shower diverter valve

Sometimes, it's just better to update and install a new valve.
  4. PlumbPowerHouse

Kitchen Sink Drain Leak

I would definitely replace the basket strainer completely.
  5. PlumbPowerHouse

Drilling through porcelain tile

nice work! We usually use diamond bits as well.
  6. PlumbPowerHouse

Plug Bathtub For Pressure Test

We do a lot of new construction and when we rough in tubs, we use the test plugs that come with the waste/overflow kit. You probably should check with your local plumbing supply shop and grab a few different test plugs for your tub drain to see if you can get one to fit.
  7. PlumbPowerHouse

Best way to clean out grease?

We stay far away from Draino. Our techs carry Bio Clean on their trucks and also sell it to our customers. We love the stuff over here and we never have a problem selling it.
  8. PlumbPowerHouse

Wax Ring question

I also prefer to place them on the flange. It just makes sense.
  9. PlumbPowerHouse

Sleeving PVC for concrete pour?

We use roofing paper as well.
  10. PlumbPowerHouse

Kitchen faucet comes loose at base

Can't say I've had a problem like that. Usually when I tighten the mess out of the screws, they stay tight.
  11. PlumbPowerHouse

Toilet install

You should be fine. If it would make you feel better, you could use a thicker wax ring or double up on the small ones.
  12. PlumbPowerHouse

Copper pipe through concrete foundation

If going through the foundation, we have used pvc pipe to sleeve it. If coming through a slab, we have used foam and roof felt.
  13. PlumbPowerHouse

Replacing Toilet Flange Advice

If it were me, I would put down the floor then put the flange in. I believe it would be a lot easier that way as well, seeing that you can access it from below.
  14. PlumbPowerHouse

Is American Standard "Americast" tub good?

Americast is a good sturdy tub. It kind of reminds me of a cast iron tub. They look nice and they are very durable
  15. PlumbPowerHouse

Water Heater Help

I would suggest possibly a tankless unit. As a new construction plumber, we install a lot of Rinnai and Rheem units. This solution is a little pricey, but you will never run out of hot water and the high efficiency of the product will allow it to pay for it's self in no time.
  16. PlumbPowerHouse

Electric hot water heater not working - repair or replace? Help!

Replace it. The warranty is probably expired and if you spend money to fix it and it doesn't fix, then your out more money. I would suggest a new heater.
  17. PlumbPowerHouse

Shower Pan squeaks

Crowbar sounds like a bad idea. You could possibly do more damage that way. I agree with John. If it's possible, I would go in from below if possible.
  18. PlumbPowerHouse

Question about water supply pipe location for toilet

When I do new construction, we have a standard of 5 inches to the left, 9 inches up. This accounts for floor and baseboard and it keeps the supply out of plain sight. You don't want your supply line to be the first thing you see when you look at your toilet. Also, agreeing with Gary, use a...
  19. PlumbPowerHouse

slow toilet flushing

Being in new construction, we get calls like this every now and then. It comes down to the toilet. The cheapest toilets out there, of course, are not the best.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks