Search results

1. bshomb

Icemaker question for new Whirlpool fridge

And neither did the master plumber at my home center, a retiree with 30+ years of experience. I know that you don't know my history of plumbing experience, and that you get alot of people who come here for last minute help, but it's not like I grabbed a PEX kit and cut the line on my fridge...
  2. bshomb

I most definitely did. Won't be cutting any water lines anymore. Although I still don't know how Whirlpool intended for me to install the water line, unless their copper compression kit they sell is the only way. I will never assume something as "standard" anymore... everyone I talked too said...
  3. bshomb

Solved Wanted to follow up on how I fixed this (just today, project got pushed back). I took the brass fitting into two home centers, they couldn't figure out the thread size.... thought it might be a PEX connection, but they didn't carry any stuff that small. I ended up searching online, and...
  4. bshomb

I will snap a pic when I get home. I would never have gone this route if the Pex kit I came with didnt come with that coupling... sigh. Yes I think it's the 5/16" OD tubing. The 1/4" NPT brass fitting looks like what i linked to earlier, but I will do more inspection and take pics when I get...
  5. bshomb

Thanks Terry. I should be able to strip away the tubing from the stock part I cut off... if it is in fact a hose barb, is that something I can reinstall with no tools? Looks like it would be a friction fit, but I just want to make sure.
  6. bshomb

OK, I will do that. Thanks for the advice! I think what I clipped off is something like this: http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/25420-1-4-npt-x-5-16-brass-hose-barb-from-moeller.html Never used a barb fitting, if this is what I end up getting from Whirlpool, is that a pressure fit? Or do I...
  7. bshomb

Do you know if what the manufacturers use coming out of their units is Pex? I guess I'm stuck with figuring out a connection for my now clipped line, or trying to find where it goes into the unit, and seeing if I can replace the whole thing. I would be fine sweat soldering a T and running solid...
  8. bshomb

I had a very old Whirlpool fridge, and recently replaced it with a new model with the front water/ice dispensers. There was an ice maker in the old unit, but it never worked, and I didn't think it was even hooked up. Until I moved the old fridge out, and it had a copper compression hookup to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks