Search results

1. CentralTXPreacher

Heat Pump inside unite making clicking noise.

The last thing I am is an A/C expert, so I told my wife I was going to where I knew the experts were. My inside unit of my A/C started making a clicking noise from the are that the power wires go into it. You can hear the clicking from across the room, ie. click, click, click, etc. It will...
  2. CentralTXPreacher

Screws for door hinge

I need some help in finding screws that will work on the door side of the door hinge. I bought new oil rubbed bronze hinges for my back door as we had remodeled the kitchen where the door is using that "color" for the lights and faucet. Upon buying them and going to put them on, I realized that...
  3. CentralTXPreacher

bathroom sinks needed

Thanks for all your help! Sinks are on the way
  4. CentralTXPreacher

bathroom sinks needed

Terry, thanks for your response. I realize that sinks are basically the same in how they work, but quality is another matter. I have a friend who went through 3 sinks that were AS before he found one that wasn't "warped" (2 of of them) or had a crack (the third one). We are looking for the...
  5. CentralTXPreacher

bathroom sinks needed

We have a Bathroom vanity that we are going to be redoing and need a couple of drop in sinks. I did a fast search on the forum, but could not find out what sink might be recommended. The inside bowl can not be larger than 15 inches wide and 11 inches long. The outside diameter can not be...
  6. CentralTXPreacher

Water odor problem at only one sink

Terry, When I put it in, I changed out the cut offs and I put in brand new supplies. Should new ones have this problem. Thanks, CentralTxPreacher
  7. CentralTXPreacher

Water odor problem at only one sink

Smell coming from one faucet and not the other I recently put in a new faucet in our master bath that has double sinks that needed replacing. Since we are soon to be redoing our bath, I purchased a cheap one as my wife has not yet determined the finish she wants on the faucets we will be...
  8. CentralTXPreacher

What cfm vent fan?

I'm not sure if this question goes here, but it does have to do with the shower and steam. I am going to be putting in a new vent fan as the one we now have is builder grade, loud and not big enough (50 cfm). My question is, when figuring the size of bathroom to calculate the size of fan, do I...
  9. CentralTXPreacher

replacing Moen bath/shower trim

Terry, Thanks again for your help. CentralTxPreacher
  10. CentralTXPreacher

replacing Moen bath/shower trim

First of all forgive me if I am not using the correct terminology when dealing with this. I'm a preacher and not a plumber! I am looking to replace the Moen bath/shower trim I now have (showerhead, arm, flange, escutcheon, handle and tub spout). We want to change everything to brushed nickel...
  11. CentralTXPreacher

No more Daltons????

The wife and I remodeled our guest bath and because of the size of the bathroom, small, we needed a round toilet. I also wanted one ADA or as close as possible to ADA. So the Dalton fit the bill. We went to pick up the Dalton from the plumbing supply house and the manager told me that he had...
  12. CentralTXPreacher

ADA Design

Being young you might not "need" it now, but if you plan on staying in the house for many years you will be glad that you went with the ADA. Look at it as an investment for your creaking bones of later years! You're 26 now, but in 20 years you will be 46 and trust me, regular toilets seem to...
  13. CentralTXPreacher

Lack of info on Toto CST 744SL

I just installed a Drake about a month ago. First the drake isn't a dual flush and as was mentioned you might want to make sure your wax seal isn't causing a problem. I have "worked over" my drake and no matter what I "throw" at it, it does it's job like a champ. I don't have to hold the...
  14. CentralTXPreacher

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Toto Drake...what a toilet! After reading all the reviews on Toto, I finally broke down and bought a Drake. To be honest I didn't want to spend the money and was about to go with the Dalton, but realized that if I broke the difference down for 10 years, it was pennies on the dollar. My...
  15. CentralTXPreacher

Toto Dalton toilet review, the best toilet for under $200?

Which toto??? I'm tired of getting my exercise by constantly having to "plunge" my toilet. I know that the drake is highly recommended, but at this point finances are really an issue. Is there another toto toilet that could be recommended that would be at a lower cost than the drake? Do all...
  16. CentralTXPreacher

Sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't

I've looked and no one around me has the Toto toilets, but a couple carry Kohler. I've looked for the Kohler that Terry has on his consumer report and can't find it even listed on the net. Is there another Kohler model I should consider? Again, thanks to all of you for your help!
  17. CentralTXPreacher

The plumber used that closet auger with the large end. Didn't come up with anything. Peanut...most of the time plunging won't do anything...you just hear gurgling back up in the toilet and nothing happens...nothing drains. The water still stands in the toilet. After a few hours it will seep...
  18. CentralTXPreacher

New to this forum and glad I found it. My wife and last month bought a 16 year old house. We had it inspected and everything passed. However, from almost day one, we've had a problem with the toilet in the master bath. With liquids it flushes with no problem, but with solids and toilet paper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks