Search results

1. TonyV53

Boiler keeps going off/on, off/on....help!

Sorry it took so long to reply. I’ve been somewhat busy with painting and other things around the house, but I have been working on my boiler problem also. Not to mention insulating all my pipes and basement windows. Anyway, so I smacked the flow check valve a couple of times with a hammer...
  2. TonyV53

Awesome info guys. I will try the recommended troubleshooting and post back with the outcome. I never even thought of trying CL for boilers. I tried finding replacement convectors there but never thought to look for boilers, thanks! Thanks again guys. So glad I found this forum.
  3. TonyV53

I agree, it is a piece of crap, and I wish I could replace it but I don't have the money in my budget this year, and I have no way to fitting it in. It has to last me until next year. About your 5 possible causes. Please keep in mind I'm a novice, if that when it comes to boilers. This is...
  4. TonyV53

I don't have an indirect water heater if that's what you mean. I think what I mistaken for a zone valve is actually a pressure release valve. This is my first boiler and first home, so please excuse my ignorance. Here are some pics the others guys asked for. Now that I look at them, they are...
  5. TonyV53

Yes, the units are 1950 old. I will try to post some pics of the boiler room tonight but it won't be until later. It's one zone, and I have a zone valve coming off the boiler. Thanks again,
  6. TonyV53

Yes, it was a foreclosure bank owned property and of course they never told me about it if they knew. To boot, my inspector chalked it up as a broken fitting and that I just needed to fix that and I would be all set. Anyway, here are some more details about the rads. They are framed into the...
  7. TonyV53

I don't know if the system ever worked correctly. I just bought the house 3 weeks ago. When my boiler tech came over to service the boiler we then turned on and noticed rite away water coming from kitchen rad. I sent him home so I wouldn't get my billed racked up. He had replaced a part which...
  8. TonyV53

Rads are bleed and all valves are open, so trying to determine what the problem is with thr cirulator now, thanks!
  9. TonyV53

Ok, I drained each radiator. Each of them had about 1 sec of air in them which doesn't seem like a lot. I monitored the boiler it shut down again. This time got up to about 205 w/15 psi. The radiators are hot so I know the hot water is circulating to some extent. One thing to mention but I...
  10. TonyV53

Got it.. Thanks a LOT. I'll do that and check back to tell you how I made out, thanks again.
  11. TonyV53

So what should I do to try and get the air out of the system. Should I bleed the radiators? There is no way to do it off of the expansion tank, I looked.
  12. TonyV53

I just moved into my first house. 1950 Colonial with an old Stewart Warner boiler which uses oil, with hot water radiators of course. I first had a problem with the safety relief valve but resolved that by draining my water logged expansion tank. Now I've notice a much bigger problem. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks