Search results

1. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

So it's time to build my pony walls. One will be 25" wide and 35" tall, the other will be 33" wide and 35" tall. Both will be perpendicular to the floor joists and each will attach to full height walls on one end. Is there a way to make these walls rigid without opening up the floor to...
  2. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

Open entry I know what flush means, but not sure I get the distinction your talking about. 6x6 for walls, 1x1 or 2x2 for floor. The glass block is 8x8x4. One wall will have 24 blocks, the other 18. Wanted to stop these walls about a foot short of the ceiling, any way to do that? Yes, a...
  3. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

Here's a rough floorplan. The "S" is the showerhead, "C" is the curb, "=" are the glass block walls on the pony walls. It will be roughly 50" wide (left to right), 48" from the top to the first glass block wall, and 80" overall length (top to bottom).
  4. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

Thanks for all the info so far!!! I'm planning on these glass block walls (maybe 1/2 walls is a better descriptor) sitting on top of 30" or 36" high stub walls (correct terminology?). I was hoping to also have 1x6 granite slabs on top of those stud walls to act as the base for the glass...
  5. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

I followed the link and looked at some of the shower projects. When I click on "View Easy-To-Use Installation Guide" it brings up the ProVantage II info. Isn't ProVantage II a mortarless system?
  6. Stat Man

Shower Glass Block Wall

Looking to build two glass block walls for a tiled shower. Both walls would be anchored only on the bottom and one side. Has anyone used any of the mortarless glass block installation systems?
  7. Stat Man

220v to 110v

OK, thanks!!
  8. Stat Man

220v to 110v

OK, just so I have this right. It is ok to split the circuit at the main panel and use a shared common for the two new circuits, correct?
  9. Stat Man

220v to 110v

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!
  10. Stat Man

220v to 110v

Anyone else want to comment on whether or not this is a good way to accomplish my goal?
  11. Stat Man

220v to 110v

The tub install instructions say: "The pump and blower are designed for use with an independent 15 amp, 120V electrical power supply protected by an over current protection device rated not more than 15 Amp."
  12. Stat Man

220v to 110v

One for the blower and a second one for new outlets to be installed.
  13. Stat Man

220v to 110v

The current cable is a 4 wire cable.
  14. Stat Man

220v to 110v

Bummer, thanks for the clarification. Guess I need to go to plan B
  15. Stat Man

220v to 110v

Can you explain why it can't be in the bathroom closet?
  16. Stat Man

220v to 110v

It's 18 years old, I can't even find it on the manufacturers website.
  17. Stat Man

220v to 110v

I have a 50amp 220v line (3 wire plus ground) in my master bath that is hard-wired to a hot tub. Remodeling the bathroom and replacing the hot tub with a 110v air bath. Can I use the 220v line to feed a sub-panel (I would hide it in a closet in the bathroom) and then branch two 110v circuits...
  18. Stat Man

Insulated Tank?

They were installed in 1992. They are insulated, but I don't remember why we purchased insulated tanks when we built the house.
  19. Stat Man

Insulated Tank?

I live in the Midwest and I'm planning on replacing my current toilets with Toto Drakes. My question is do I need insulated tanks? In what situations are the insulated tanks neccesary?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks