Search results

1. DavidTu

2ft long hydronic loop--look ok?

We are using heat plates but this bay is only 24"long. You need 12" clearance on each end of track to do the turn, so no room for track at all.
  2. DavidTu

2ft long hydronic loop--look ok?

We're using Uponor Fastrak elsewhere but this section the bay is just 2ft long so this is how I handled it. Look good or no?
  3. DavidTu

Hydronic home run loop--are fittings ok?

Is it acceptable to use a regular 1/2" straight coupling to cut out damaged wirsbo PEX pipe or to extend length of a hydronic run? Or are people purists about a clean home run, redoing a run as needed with continuous pipe? If so, how many would anyone use in a run?
  4. DavidTu

Alternatives to Uponor transfer plates?

Is there any good alternative source for Uponor transfer plates? We had Uponor do our layout so I assume its all figured based on their transfer plate performance but that turns out to be a huge portion of the overall costs so wondering if anyone else makes a comparably performing product for a...
  5. DavidTu

Is this a good way to handle a floor drain?

Just want to double check with you--an AAV on the sink would be ok?
  6. DavidTu

I see. So an AAV at lav would solve this issue?
  7. DavidTu

Why can't the lav be vented? What is the principle behind that? As for indirect drain, this is not one since there is no air-gap. As planned/proposed, the lav would have a p-trap and be vented as normal. Downstream its drain is simply wye-d with the floor drain, both of which go through a...
  8. DavidTu

I don't like the idea of a mechanical solution, would rather have it come from a regularly used sink.
  9. DavidTu

Yes this is correct, thanks for the sketch! Kosher? If not why not? What's downside?
  10. DavidTu

tap...tap...tap.... hello? is this thing on?
  11. DavidTu

I have a 2" floor drain going into a 2" p-trap and then on into a 4" main drain in the basement floor. In order to keep the trap wet over time, I did a wye off the floor drain vertical and dropped a lav sink into it. The lav will of course have its own P-trap and vent in the wall as normal. What...
  12. DavidTu

New sewer 4" or 6"?

Terry, can I get you to weigh in on 6" vs 4"?
  13. DavidTu

New sewer 4" or 6"?

We're renovating a 100+ year old home, not new construction so our options in storm water may be practically limited. I'll look into it further based on feedback. The main thrust of my inquiry is not in regards to storm water, but really size of the sewer pipe. Therefore, I would really like...
  14. DavidTu

New sewer 4" or 6"?

Single family 4+ baths. Will have two 4" building drains coming together and then out to sewer. Original sewers around here are sometimes 6" terracotta. We'll have not only sanitary drainage but also gutters (allowed by city) on 5000 SF house (1200-1500 SF footprint) Thoughts on 4" vs 6" from...
  15. DavidTu

Can a rooter handle long turn 90 in CO?

The application is actually a 4" sch 40 pvc foundation drain. To get Max perf drain pipe at footing went with LT 90 instead of 2x45s. CO isn't usually done in foundation drain to begin with, but just wanted to see if it is self-deafeating if 4" rooter can't get thru.
  16. DavidTu

Shower fixture screws onto nipple -- but no nipple size works

I have some American Standard fixtures that both require screwing onto a nipple protruding from the finished wall. Since the tile guy ends up with the final say over where the finish wall ends up, it looks like two of these ended up wanting a nipple between the available sizes: a shower arm and...
  17. DavidTu

Gap in connection of sewer

Ok. I'm still hesitant and a perfectionist at heart. But trying to follow your advice, Smooky, and leave it alone :)
  18. DavidTu

Gap in connection of sewer

Hi Attached is picture showing joint between a 4" wye and the downstream pipe, which is side sewer run of SF residence. It's bottom of a decline. It's a bit hard to make out because of excess glue, but the joint has about 1/2" gap at bottom. Top of pipe is tighter at the joint. You can see...
  19. DavidTu

Anti-scald for free-standing tub supplies

I need an ASSE 1070 compliant mixing valve at point of use for a free-standing slipper tub supply (3/4" supply lines btw). What products are recommended? The supplies are to be floor-mounted; how have you handled access for the valve in this scenario (I am thinking about building a box above the...
  20. DavidTu

Victoria and Albert tub, and freestanding faucet/shower valve.

This original post is several years old. By now there must be more experience among you in installing these products. I need an ASSE 1070 compliant mixing valve at point of use for a free-standing slipper tub supply (3/4" supply lines btw). What products are recommended? The supplies are to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks