Search results

1. Yersmay

low voltage remote control dimmer

I am hoping that someone knows of a dimming system that will work for me... I built a bookcase and am in the process of planning a low voltage lighting system. There will be 3 separately controlled items -- There will be four LED strips that will be dimmed together. Next, there are two low...
  2. Yersmay

Plumbing fundamentals / theory book?

Yumbrad, Out of sheer curiosity, I did a search for a book of plumbing theory... There is a series of books called Questions and Answers on the Practice of Sanitary Plumbing by Robert Macy Starbuck. They come under the heading of Plumbing Theory. Try Amazon. For the helluvit, I ordered one...
  3. Yersmay

Securing a free standing Victoria & Albert tub

First, thanks to all who replied. Yes, I learned from a phone conversation with the company and subsequently their instruction sheet that the tub is supposed to be caulked to the floor... As one who has lived through several awful earthquakes, I think that caulking in this manner will be a...
  4. Yersmay

Hi HJ, Thank you for the response. It dawned on me that it might be a good idea to call the company to see if they had an answer. They say the tub is designed to be siliconed to the finish floor. I believe they even supply the silicone. Sometimes an earthquake can be so bad the concept of...
  5. Yersmay

I am in the planning stages of a bathroom remodel. We are looking at a tub made by a company called Victoria & Albert Bath LLC. The model is called 'Ios'. Here is a web page that shows the tub: http://vandabaths.com/usa/products/ios/ I'm curious to hear thoughts on exactly what secures...
  6. Yersmay

Copper Service Line Replacement?

Question for HJ HJ, can you explain the difference between a PVC compression coupling and a Dresser coupling? I looked up images online and to the untrained eye they appear to be similar. Thank you in advance.
  7. Yersmay

Re-rounding copper tubing, repair problems

followup I tried to attach another picture... this time with the female section of the tool inverted. This will show the space between the male and female which allows the presence of the pipe. So the female section is divided with two diameters -- a larger diameter to allow the pipe to be...
  8. Yersmay

re-rounding tool Here is a picture of the tool I found that is the re-rounding device. I assume the outer shell is placed over the pipe, then the inner cylinder is tapped in. The instructions on the Swigtools (a similar but not identical tool) site said to use a 'food grade lubricant'...
  9. Yersmay

thank you Thanks for the quick responses. Based on your info I found a great tool made by Reed Tool. Its model number is RCR 341. I guess it's called a 'Re-rounder'. It looks like a bolt cutter but the jaws come with a shape that defines the O.D. of the pipe. It will squeeze the pipe back...
  10. Yersmay

Today I helped a friend repair a hot water re-circulation line under a slab in an apartment building he owns. Apparently, the pump ran 24/7 for years and now this line has leaks. The line is 3/4 inch soft copper. I've learned on this forum that joints under a slab should be brazed, not...
  11. Yersmay

Toilet drain pipe issue

still curious Thank you, Hackney. I'm still curious, though. If there isn't an opportunity to wash a vent such as the one depicted in the photo... then what? Would that installation fail an inspection? Would it require a clean out? Is there another configuration of how this might be vented...
  12. Yersmay

Toilet drain pipe issue

venting question I am reviving this thread because I'd like to learn more about venting a toilet when it is on a slab. The picture that the OP posted caught my eye because it looks like this line is vented by what appears to be a 2 inch line heading off to the right of the San T. Is this how...
  13. Yersmay

Underground Natural Gas Pipe run

question for HJ HJ, I was surprised at your poor review of epoxy coated pipe for gas. I always thought that was pretty sturdy. Obviously local codes would dictate but I'm curious to know your preferred material for running gas lines, both above and below ground. Thank you!
  14. Yersmay

Please look at my washing machine/utility sink drain setup...need advice.

MT, Yes, I believe I see what you're referring to. Always learning! Thank you!
  15. Yersmay

question Hammerlane, I've been under the impression that san t's are inverted if they are venting something. I don't know the reason for this, but that's what I always thought. Is this incorrect? Also, if the vertical pipe at the right of the picture is in fact a wet vent, does that...
  16. Yersmay

Extending copper lines under slab

flare fittings I'm curious to learn more about flare fittings. Could one of the pros describe how this is accomplished and perhaps even post a picture of the tool used to accomplish this? Is a flare fitting soldered as well? Thanks in advance.
  17. Yersmay

question MT, I think I understand the logic of why the latest version will work, as you say it will, but I'm curious about your statement that some of the fittings are 'backwards'. For the life of me, I can't spot one that is backwards. For the purposes of ongoing education, can you...
  18. Yersmay

Patching LARGE hole around Sewer pipe in Foundation.

thermal expansion While copper seems to hold up well against the corrosive nature of concrete, there may be an issue with thermal expansion and abrasion if the pipe is totally encased, especially at points of entry and exit. I've copied a link to a site that may shed some light on the issue...
  19. Yersmay

Cast Iron better than clay pipe for sewers?

question for Ballvalve You mentioned that Chicago has an 'interesting' sewer system. I'm curious to learn more about this. What makes this system distinctive? Thanks in advance.
  20. Yersmay

Cast Iron better than clay pipe for sewers?

history This thread prompted me to find out more about Orangeburg pipe. I found an interesting website that tells its history and definition. Thought I would pass it along. http://www.sewerhistory.org/articles/compon/orangeburg/orangeburg.htm
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks