Search results

1. Spta97

Baseboard Heater Installation Question

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to install the bleeder in the room behind the heater.
  2. Spta97

Baseboard Heater Installation Question

I am installing a baseboard heater in a downstairs bathroom and had a few questions which I'm hoping to get some help: 1) Pipe Diameter - I currently have 1/2" copper as the feed/return - is it ok to use 1/2" PEX from the copper to the baseboard or should I go to 3/4" due to the smaller ID...
  3. Spta97

Which wax ring?

Thanks for the input. I did some research on the caulking and the polyseamseal seems only to come in clear. There is a product of the same name by loctite that that comes in white but not sure if it is the same product as the white and blue tube. I'm still not crazy about it and don't have...
  4. Spta97

Which wax ring?

Thanks Gary. Should I replace the one upstairs at some point for a non horned ring? The upstairs flange is on the finished floor as well. That toilet is power assisted if that makes a difference. Also, one more question if you would. I see a lot of people recommend caulking around the...
  5. Spta97

Which wax ring?

I searched and could not find a clear answer. I have a toilet to install in my remodeled bathroom. The flange is sitting on top of the finished tile floor as it should and will be bolted down before the toilet goes in. Upstairs I used a was ring with the horn as I was told it is better (no...
  6. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

The washing machine was in the corridor next to the bathroom. The dryer was diagonal from the bathroom and across the corridor from the washing machine in the boiler room. The intent was to move the washing machine in to the boiler room next to the dryer. To create a drain the plumber...
  7. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

After the job was done I came the the conclusion that he is a hack; but nothing I could do at that point. Here is a shot of the fitting It replaced the bend brass / copper bend with a pvc fitting that has an input on the side for the other waste pipe. The problem was the original bend was...
  8. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

My assumption would be that it would add 1/4", however the plumber said he is going to get me a recessed height flange (not sure what that is). It sticks up about 2". OD is 4" I think (standard for a toilet flange). I had a similar issue when I removed the mud floor from the upstairs...
  9. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

As far as all the claims of code violations, he said that everything is to code. If it is not he lied to me, but I don't have a way to verify. The job is ongoing now so I am in the middle of it. With the floor being higher, my old bathroom upstairs used to be that way because of the mud...
  10. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

Here are the pics: This is the new flange which now has an elbow at the bottom to which the drain ties in. wc - he is a licensed plumber. edit: this is the drain pipe to which the flange will be connected. I figure I can get 1/2" with the tile and thinset, however that will still...
  11. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

I am having a plumber relocate my washing machine so it is in the adjacent room next to my dryer. For the drain he is tying the waste pipe into and existing toilet drain in another adjacent room. He just discovered that the toilet drain is about 2" high (right under the cement) which will mean...
  12. Spta97

Large hard stools (spinal cord injury) (parkinson's) current toilet clogs.

I can comment on the Kohler highline pressure assist. I have has this toilet since I took a trip for work to the M resort in Las Vegas (I actually called them to find out the model number). It has been 2 or 3 years since and I have NEVER, EVER clogged it. I cannot say the same for the Toyo...
  13. Spta97

Infared Bathroom Heater

Hi All, I'm looking to get an infared bathroom heater and wanted to see if anyone has any advice on which models are best. I just want a simple one that I can install right outside the shower to take the nip out of those really cold nights. I already have a bathroom fan so I am not looking...
  14. Spta97

Need help with a toilet supply line repair

Thanks Terry. I tried to find the longer pipe nipple online but it was out of stock and the other places cost almost more to ship it than the pipe costs so I'll search locally.
  15. Spta97

I picked up the Rectorseal No. 5 at Lowes yesterday - now I am just looking for a longer threaded pipe in satin nickel. I was reading the instructions on the pipe dope and they do not specify cure times - do you have to wait a certain amount of time before putting the pipe back into service or...
  16. Spta97

I was not sugguesting that I stop pressurized water with silicone, rather a leak that is nothing more than a few drops a year. But point taken. Thanks - I will check out the pipe dope and have go with that. Working blind is nerve racking though when you do not do this everyday. Yes - I...
  17. Spta97

Thanks for the info. I don't know how I could possibly take this off and put the new one inside the wall without ripping the wall open. The pipe is about 4" I think so a good portion of it is recessed in the wall and unless the wall is open I have no way of checking it for leaks. The other...
  18. Spta97

This is why I prefer electrical over plumbing - everything is exact :) Well I won't be using a monkey wrench and I was pretty sure I got the last fitting on snug enough before the breaking point. I tend to use two or three fingers on the wrench when getting toward the end as not to give it too...
  19. Spta97

Thanks Jadnushua. So I'm trying to think what I did wrong that caused the leak. I doubt it was that I didn't tighten it down enough so I'm thinking it may be I didn't use enough teflon tape. That said, I read somewhere that some people use 5 - 6 wraps around threaded connections to prevent...
  20. Spta97

Yes - I meant screw down (is what what they are called?) , not compression. My concern with that approach is that once I remove it I will have no way of testing to make sure the connection inside the wall is not leaking. I had it setup with a cap for over month (like the first pic) to make...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks