Search results

1. Elton Noway

Max flow shower valve

Here you go... (HINT: if the link below doesn't work you can get at Home Depot)... and they'll ship them right to your door. Delta R10000 Valves
  2. Elton Noway

Max flow shower valve

In your case, another way to say "Full Flow" (using your existing plumbing)... is "I want the maximum gpm (gallons per minute) the law allows in my area." Be aware, in the US the gpm flow rates vary from state to state but thanks to the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (in order to save water) the most...
  3. Elton Noway

Help Please With Walk In Tub is leaking by door can I replace the seal?

The seals can be replaced... the hinges might be more difficult to find replacements. In reality it all depends on your specific tub, country of origin, manufacturer, model number etc. As you may know walk in tubs are available from dozens of different manufacturers in many configurations...
  4. Elton Noway

Trap Arm Length Question

True enough. The trap size doesn't dictate the size/diameter of the pipe nor extend its allowable length. The trap is sized per IPC based on the fixture (e.g. tub 1 1/2"- Shower 2"). The 2" trap arm and trap in my earlier photo would be to code for a shower but using an adapter could easily be...
  5. Elton Noway

Trap Arm Length Question

2" trap arm with 2" trap
  6. Elton Noway

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

After searching this forum for Champion 4 and reading so many complaints I felt I should throw in my two cents. Have there been problems reported? Yes... but like a visit to an expensive restaurant... if you get a bad meal or experience lousy service you tell everyone but very few people go out...
  7. Elton Noway

American Standard flush valve (kind of a review)

Yep... the problem with the American Standard flush valve is they leave 4" of water in the tank every flush. Many owners frustrated with either the poor flush or ghost flushing associated with the Champion 4 have reported great success by replacing the American Standard flush valve with one of...
  8. Elton Noway

Floor mount tub filler

Found this old thread while researching free standing / floor mounted tub fillers. The problem with the linked buying guide is it was obviously written or promoted by Delta. Granted the initial argument against buying cheap no-name, made in China faucets has its merits but Delta isn't the only...
  9. Elton Noway

Must Main Vent Stack attach vertically to Waste pipe?

Houston, We have liftoff! Thanks Wayne for all your help and guidance! :)
  10. Elton Noway

Oops... Sorry for the confusion. As mentioned earlier I liked your plan and vertical stack mentioned in post #27 but in that reply you included a comment "But the tub and the lav are too far from the 3" stack to be vented by it." What I was attempting to ask (not very well sorry) was if I...
  11. Elton Noway

Wow... so many options, so many ideas. At this point after so many great solutions, unless there's an inherent concern with the concept I'm still leaning towards the vertical vent stack configuration per your design in post #27 appears. The only unknown (as far as implementing) is whether I...
  12. Elton Noway

Makes sense... thank you! Of all your designs I plan on going with your layout from post #27. Question: As you know this layout utilizes a partition wall between to toilet and shower which was a consideration after I "incorrectly" stated the left and top walls of the drawing were not available...
  13. Elton Noway

Hi Wayne, thanks for the additional info. At a quick glance and trying to decipher the individual requirements it "appears" my house might be compliant as built. The house has a 4" main that runs its entire length with a 3" vent thru the roof that initially joins the 4" main at the far upstream...
  14. Elton Noway

Hi Jeff...Thanks for the input. As I'm quickly discovering... there's more than one way to skin a cat. Not that there was a issue as much as me hoping to complete two objectives 1) Make sure all the fixtures were plumbed and vented to IPC requirements 2) Include the homes original 3' vent stack...
  15. Elton Noway

Okay... Thanks Wayne... I certainly can't say you haven't given me a myriad of options to consider. I guess I was thinking I had room between the main drain and the bottom of the floor joists to introduce the new vent stack "with" a 3" 90 but looking at it now I can see it would be near...
  16. Elton Noway

Great! Thanks Wayne. It all makes sense. As you might guess I have a question. As long as I maintain the correct slopes and tie in all the various drains as you indicated in your instructions... does it make a difference "where the the new vertical design stack is located? Here's the deal: The...
  17. Elton Noway

Pipe Dope, Plumbers Putty, or Teflon Tape?

Two years ago I had to run 75 feet of 2" black steel pipe gas line in a crawl space with only 14 " of clearance. The threads on the pipe ends were dinged up, ruff and sharp. I'm also considered old school... so... with no desire to have to go back into that hell hole to check and retighten over...
  18. Elton Noway

Sorry... I'm still here... been tied up under the house replacing cracked floor joists. Thanks for responses Wayne. Much appreciated. Just like patients questioning their doctors after spending too much time on WebMD... not being in the trade nor understanding all the complexities I was hung up...
  19. Elton Noway

Hi Jeff... When you say "offset the main back a ways" ... need some clarification. Do you mean cutting into the 4" sewer main and reroute the portion that falls under the bathroom so would be located on the other side of the main beam? (Obviously the entire "octopus" at the clean out end is...
  20. Elton Noway

Wayne... looks like were getting closer ... its all starting to makes sense. Thanks! Two questions. You state "the lav drain takes a circuitous route"... Sorry afraid I need to a little clarification as I'm not sure if that statement and drawing were literal or figurative. Does the circuitous...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks