Search results

1. historichouseguy

Attic Insulation, nearly flat roof

Read up on "Flash and Batt". if you foam under roof and fill the balance with glas you need to have enough foam to eliminate a moisture issue.
  2. historichouseguy

Two pipe jet pump for drilled well

Thanks Understood. Thats why I want to raise it up as we are also changing grade near the well. Will check out the cycle stop sounds like that would help my system for sure.
  3. historichouseguy

Two pipe jet pump for drilled well

I have a drilled well about 125' deep setup with a two pipe 1/2hp jet pump in the cellar. Pipes enter steel casing through sanitary cap 2-'3' feet underground (actually in the old stone dug well which has been filled in). I wish to raise the casing above grade so what is the best way to...
  4. historichouseguy

Aquastat/ Contoller

Thanks for the reply. In doing more research and talking with the boiler people the best thing and easist is to keep the boiler temp up higher. That will eliminate the aquastat temp issue, keep condensation from forming in the boiler and generally run cleaner. The claim to saving wood is in...
  5. historichouseguy

Aquastat/ Contoller

Hello, I am looking for some suggestions for modifying my aquastat/ controller setup to better suit my needs. What I have for a heating system is a Burnham 4 section boiler with 4 heat zones, tankless coil for domestic. Typical Honeywell 8124A aquastat, Argo ARM866 controller. This all works...
  6. historichouseguy

Indirect water heaters

Looking for opinions as to the best of indirects out there. Looking to bypass the tankless coil in my Burnham oil fired boiler. I also have a outside wood boiler that heats via a flat plate heat exchanger in the colder months. This time of year that system is less than perfect. That is another...
  7. historichouseguy

Most popular boiler brands?

boilers You should also check out the "RAY" boiler by Mestek. It is a scaled down version of thier commercial units. These are condensing gas boilers.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks